Do they win this game with justin "bustin" fields?

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
I hope those issues go away with play, but they were supposed to put him into a good situation. This is as bad of a situation as there is in the NFL at this point with how idiotic the playcaller is, how bad the run game is, and how lost the QB seems at times.

I am certainly disappointed in the start to this year. I would have loved for Caleb to come out and be the QB wizard that I think he will eventually become. I completely agree the play calling is atrocious and the situation for Caleb is not good, which does make him look lost at times.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Quick question, if Bears DID decide to stay with Fields, what is his contract situation like? They taking the 5th year option in preseason? We going into 2024 with him on a contract year and just roll with the punches in open FA market? Give him a Daniel Jones extension? What does keeping Fields here look like beyond "what if"? I think a lot of posters are forgetting a big piece of the decision to move on and its not 'Caleb williams will 100% be the greatest QB to ever play midway through the first quarter of his first NFL game"? How do those pesky logistics work (that seem to run the entire worlds decisions)?

• Haha
Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
What makes anyone think the Bears wouldn’t also fuck up TEH HAULLL?!?

LOL, how true.
Especially oline since I think a large part of that problem is keeping Morgan. Different new players probably don't fix it.

Perhaps keeping Morgan and seeing the same problem will either get him to fix the problem or get him out.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don’t see Caleb failing. He’s progressing with bad play calling. He’s did what Justin did today, but it only took him 3 games, not 3 years. Now the whole offense needs to click to get the wins.
He didn't do what Fields did today. Fields didn't turn it over 3 times and get sacked 4 times. Fields beat a 2 win team. Caleb lost to a 0-2 team and he did it with half the talent around him.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
He didn't do what Fields did today. Fields didn't turn it over 3 times and get sacked 4 times. Fields beat a 2 win team. Caleb lost to a 0-2 team and he did it with half the talent around him.
Still Fields hasn’t done it consistently. Looked the same the first 2 games as last times. One game doesn’t mean he’s going to continue to do it.

Fact is, whatever the situation was here, he failed as a QB. Some was out of his control, but the rest wasn’t. Again, he failed. So bye. We got rid of him. Good. Next. He gets three years like Fields.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What? You finally quit crying about the Bears o-line and play-calling now that JF1 is gone?

🤣

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Still Fields hasn’t done it consistently. Looked the same the first 2 games as last times. One game doesn’t mean he’s going to continue to do it.

Fact is, whatever the situation was here, he failed as a QB. Some was out of his control, but the rest wasn’t. Again, he failed. So bye. We got rid of him. Good. Next. He gets three years like Fields.
You didnt even watch the games. I wont debate this.

Yogi

Liked Posts:
I also look at it this way, if we had forced a punt at the end to get the ball back with a minute to go and down 6, I think most Bears fans would sooner trust Caleb in his 3rd start over a Justin in his 4th season. He's clearly already much further along in seeing the entire field quickly, even if it hasn't all come together yet.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I say yes.

Caleb threw for 400 yards and scored 16 points while having 3 back breaking turnovers. good job bruh
Wait, so you think Justin could run for all those yards?

Like many losses last year were not on Fields this wasn't on Caleb. He's not here because Fields sucked, he's here because he has the potential to be special and was available. People forget the system he came from and he's much further along than you'd expect.

He had a pretty great deep ball in college. Don't know if he's still too pumped up to hit those arcs but that's been his biggest issue besides forcing too many like rooks do. He had some vg good tight throws and line adjustments this game. Still too much hero ball but like with Fields, it's hard to blame him under the circumstances and that was his 3rd NFL start.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Justin is awesome.

Caleb is awesome.

The Bears coaching staff is balls. Justin is in a great situation - hopefully Caleb finds himself in one next year. Eberflus sucks shit.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Coming from someone who actually watched every preseason game and regular season game for both teams I can say the steelers offense is worse than the bears offense.

But i'm sure remy will quote PFF.

Swift is dogshit but so is the steelers first round bum.
Their qb stinks

😂