Do we have money to go get Bowen?

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Bruce Bowen was waived today per ESPN. Do we have money for him since we waived three guys the past week I am not sure. I would love his vet presence and he could still play D. Any interest?

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Bowen was one of five NBA players waived Friday, joining Boston guard Gabe Pruitt, Los Angeles Clippers guard Mike Taylor, Los Angeles Lakers swingman Sun Yue and fellow Buck Salim Stoudamire. All five players will be unrestricted free agents if they are not claimed by another team before 6 p.m. ET next Friday.

Mike is interesting, he did drop 33 on the Knicks. WE dont really need him because we got Pargo however.

vhans5219

Liked Posts:
Mmm Bruce Bowen i'm not sure skool and you are right about his vet presence but the guy is too old what do you think? Do you think the Bulls should go after him ?

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Bowen probably signs with the Spurs. That's what I thought was going to happen right when they made the trade.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Bowen probably signs with the Spurs. That's what I thought was going to happen right when they made the trade.

NBA should make a rule that you must wait a year to resign with a team that traded you away.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
vhans5219 wrote:
Mmm Bruce Bowen i'm not sure skool and you are right about his vet presence but the guy is too old what do you think? Do you think the Bulls should go after him ?

He is 38, he has a good 2 yrs left.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Bruce is actually contemplating retirement. He might just sit out the first half of the season and join a contender ala PJ Brown.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Frank Breakfast-Styleham wrote:
I hope not. No one is dirtier than Bowen. 'Guy makes Danny Fortson look like Mr. Rogers.

That statement is what is wrong with the league. Just because he plays hard nose defense he is dirty? give me a break. I would be honored for a guy like him to be a bull.

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
I hope not. No one is dirtier than Bowen. 'Guy makes Danny Fortson look like Mr. Rogers.

That statement is what is wrong with the league. Just because he plays hard nose defense he is dirty? give me a break. I would be honored for a guy like him to be a bull.

Are you kidding me Steve!? Are you kidding me?

Would you like me to list all the video evidence on youtube that shows Bowen committing one felony dirty play after the other?

There's so many dirty plays he did we could have a top 10.

Are you serious...are you serious!? lol

I mean, if he defends someone cleanly and stops his guy fair and square I respect that. But when you're guarding a guy who just came back after missing the season to a knee injury and you place your foot right undearneath that bum leg before he comes down you are not a good defender - you are a thug and if I were the commissioner I would have kicked him out of the league.

When you're in a pileup and you punch someone in the junk (how many times has he done this, like 8 times!?) i'm sorry...that's not good defense.

First offense, suspended 5 games.
Second offense, suspended 20 games.
Third offense, banished from the league.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:

Are you kidding me Steve!? Are you kidding me?

Would you like me to list all the video evidence on youtube that shows Bowen committing one felony dirty play after the other?

There's so many dirty plays he did we could have a top 10.

Are you serious...are you serious!? lol

I mean, if he defends someone cleanly and stops his guy fair and square I respect that. But when you're guarding a guy who just came back after missing the season to a knee injury and you place your foot right undearneath that bum leg before he comes down you are not a good defender - you are a thug and if I were the commissioner I would have kicked him out of the league.

When you're in a pileup and you punch someone in the junk (how many times has he done this, like 8 times!?) i'm sorry...that's not good defense.

First offense, suspended 5 games.
Second offense, suspended 20 games.
Third offense, banished from the league.

Who is Steve?
Bowen was a solid solid defender, I see nothing wrong with his defending 3 pt shooters. The punching of the nuts is bad I admit. Given that I would love a guy like him on our roster.

Liked Posts:
Watch these clips. Are you really going to tell me Bowen isn't dirty and that this is just "good defense?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQrKIGde7Qk

If you go on youtube and just type in "bruce bowen" or "bowen stoudemire" you'll see at least 5 more dirty cheap-shot plays that weren't on the link above.

There is nothing I hate more in the game of basketball than a guy like Bowen kicking someone in the junk...sticking his foot way out there when his man's in the air...elbowing someone...kicking someone and then giving that stupid San Antonio shrug like he didnt just assault the guy.

I can't understand for the life of me how people can watch him do all this and defend that thug.

When he's doing this he's not a good defender. He's just trying to go after the other teams best guy, cheap shot them and try to get them kicked out of the series. That's a hockey strategy - send one of your goons after the other teams best guy. That's not good defense...its cheap, its tacky and its getting away with murder.

Mark my words everyone. If the Bulls sign Bowen and play him for even one second of one preseason game I will disown the Chicago Bulls organization. I will never cheer for them ever again.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Thats some solid solid play, championship D. Bruce was the best Bull to never wear the uniform.

iamdvsj

Liked Posts:
Why would anybody want Bowen? If anything, we are overloaded at Forward...this guy has proven to be a stiff over the past few seasons.

Did none of you see how badly Bowen was getting burnt last season?

Thumbs down, I say.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I think Bowen is being overhyped here. Defense is definitely needed. However, with Hinrich and Salmons being adequate to above adequate defensively at wing positions, Bringing in an aging player who is no longer as effective is not the answer. I would be surprised if he goes back to San Antonio, Pop had him in the doghouse for a while there. He is definitely a dirty player at times. And where is he going to get playing time?

dougthonus

Liked Posts:

Are you serious? Bowen sticks his leg under people when they jump so they land on him and sprain their ankles. It's a purposeful move of intimidation that he's knocked several players out for long periods of time with.

He's a dirty player.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:

Are you serious? Bowen sticks his leg under people when they jump so they land on him and sprain their ankles. It's a purposeful move of intimidation that he's knocked several players out for long periods of time with.

He's a dirty player.

He seems dirty yes but didnt the league play like that in the 80s?

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:

He's a dirty player.

Preach it brotha! Testify to the congregation.

Doug...it is so good to hear someone else say this. I'm officially a fan of your show now. If i ever see you in person I'm shaking your hand.

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
dougthonus wrote:
He seems dirty yes but didnt the league play like that in the 80s?

I don't ever recall anyone sticking their feet underneath someone (and in Amare's case right when he returned from missing the season and Bowen going after THAT part of his body...that warrants an arrest in my book) but if they did, that was just as wrong.

You had the Bad Boys...we have that clip of Bird bum-rushing someone into the 3rd row...he have Rambis taking McHale's head off...and that isn't good either but I'm just saying I've never seen anyone do what Bowen has done.

Karl Malone's name always comes up. We would struggle to make a Top 10 List of guys he's hurt with those big elbows because there were so many guys. I remember him breaking Joe Kleine's nose one time and somehow the foul was on Kleine (apparently because whenever guys like Malone and Kobe get the ball everyone's supposed to get out of their way and let them score).

But you know another guy who was dirty who never gets credit is John Stockton. Does anyone remember his dirty play from time to time? The guy was dirty!

But in my humble opinion, when it comes to dirty play, Bruce Bowen is by far, the dirtiest player in not just basketball history but sports history for that matter as well.