Do you feel the need? ... The need, for Sheed?

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
If Boozer gets hurt we're hosed anyway, you can't build your team around a scenario where all your players go down and you still have quality players to cover for them. You just end up with guys who get pissy with their playing time when everyone is healthy. You pretty much have to plan for the best, you need a good run with injuries to make a run anyway, so no point sweating the difference over being a 40 or 45 win team.

Anyway I think Taj & Boozer can get it done, the Jazz were above average defensively with Boozer and Okur, Taj is certainly a tougher defender than Okur. Not having the length is a concern I guess but the Hornets are currently doing well with a West/Okafor front court, Boozer/Taj is pretty much the same size. Throw in Deng (who actually isn't really undersized at the 4 when you look at most of the league) and Asik to back them up and there's not going to be a lot of Thomas I don't think.

Anyway we'll see, I hope I'm right because I don't think we have the pieces to make a trade for anyone decent.

Reactions: X

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Sheed has scored points for us in the past.

:nelson:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If Boozer gets hurt we're hosed anyway, you can't build your team around a scenario where all your players go down and you still have quality players to cover for them. You just end up with guys who get pissy with their playing time when everyone is healthy. You pretty much have to plan for the best, you need a good run with injuries to make a run anyway, so no point sweating the difference over being a 40 or 45 win team.

Anyway I think Taj & Boozer can get it done, the Jazz were above average defensively with Boozer and Okur, Taj is certainly a tougher defender than Okur. Not having the length is a concern I guess but the Hornets are currently doing well with a West/Okafor front court, Boozer/Taj is pretty much the same size. Throw in Deng (who actually isn't really undersized at the 4 when you look at most of the league) and Asik to back them up and there's not going to be a lot of Thomas I don't think.

Anyway we'll see, I hope I'm right because I don't think we have the pieces to make a trade for anyone decent.

You've convinced me, so I'll concede. I still think giving up JJ and a 2nd for a guy like McRoberts would be nice...but a lot of that might just be my Dukie-homerism. But, by and large, you're right...too many quality players = bitching about PT...

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
McRoberts has started every game for the Pacers this year, I think they'd ask a bit more. If a team is giving away rotation players for JJ and a 2nd I'm all for it, I just don't think it's going to happen.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
McRoberts has started every game for the Pacers this year, I think they'd ask a bit more. If a team is giving away rotation players for JJ and a 2nd I'm all for it, I just don't think it's going to happen.

ahh, I also didn't notice that he has started every game. I just noticed that he's played an avg of 22 minutes (and change)...being less than half the game, I assumed he wasn't a starter. I guess Bogan's stats should've told me that's not always the case.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Rasheed Wallace is obviously a lousy rebounder these days. But he would still be the perfect player to stretch the floor for a Rose+Boozer pick-and-roll game.

Plus, he is an excellent defensive player. Asik is still very raw and cannot play more than 20 minutes without fouling out and committing 12 turnovers.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Bill Simmons complained all last year that Sheed could go games at a time where he didn't venture beneath the free throw line at either end.

Sheed never rebounded or used his post moves as much as he should, but now he can't shoot (a Bogansesque 28% from three last year) and he doesn't try to defend anyone either.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bill Simmons complained all last year that Sheed could go games at a time where he didn't venture beneath the free throw line at either end.

Sheed never rebounded or used his post moves as much as he should, but now he can't shoot (a Bogansesque 28% from three last year) and he doesn't try to defend anyone either.

Well, when Sheed wants to, he is one of the best low-block defenders in NBA history. (see Game 7 on the NBA Finals)

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Well, when Sheed wants to, he is one of the best low-block defenders in NBA history. (see Game 7 on the NBA Finals)

I agree, but he generally doesn't want to during the regular season, so he's not much use as Noah cover.