Does a losing record win the NFC north?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
If Rodgers is gone, does a losing record with the NFC north? Can the bears win the division going 8-9?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
With the new seventeen game season maybe, but I still don't think this division is quite as hopeless as last year's NFC East even if Rodgers departs Green Bay. The Vikings still have some kick to them and they had a pretty good draft with a sneaky good free agency. Patrick Peterson has some ball left in him.

The Lions are also primed for one of those seasons where they overdeliver but only as part of a broader scheme to crush the souls of Lions fans by squandering all that potential.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Ummm bears are going 17-0...DUH!

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This ain't the NFC LEast

11 or 12 wins for the division winner

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was never all that enamored or impressed with Jared Goff. If you can pressure him, he folded like a cheap tent. Even with the proclaimed offensive genius of Sean McVay at the helm of the Goffmeister, he was pedestrian or down right terrible against the Bears defense. I see Jared Goff taking a major step back in Detroit (but wtf do I know? lol)

Without Rodgers and presuming Jordan Love and this situation isn't the third time the Pack gets lucky and strikes gold with the QB (Favre, Rodgers, Love), they aren't all that scary to contend with. That essentially just leaves the Vikings who essentially rely on Dalvin Cook for wins and losses (given Kirk Cousins is too inconsistent). If you can keep Cook's numbers down, I like the odds. That said, I think you'll still have to break .500 to make the playoffs in this division, but barely. My thought is 9-7 gets you the crown in the NFC North sans Rodgers.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I was never all that enamored or impressed with Jared Goff. If you can pressure him, he folded like a cheap tent. Even with the proclaimed offensive genius of Sean McVay at the helm of the Goffmeister, he was pedestrian or down right terrible against the Bears defense. I see Jared Goff taking a major step back in Detroit (but wtf do I know? lol)
I actually like the Lions offense a lot now that they added Penei Sewell. That was a savvy pick, kinda obvious in retrospect but a lot of people wanted the Kenny Golladay replacement right away. They have a good offensive line and some sneaky good weapons. Not the biggest Jared Goff fan either, but he'll be able to make some plays with what the Lions have built around him.

The issue is their defense is truly abysmal. Jeff Okudah is already looking like he's on the bust trajectory, he started slow then had a little bounceback then just collapsed to finish the season. The old Patriots holdovers are all right I guess, but there's nobody that stands out as a great talent. At every level they lack talent. Its going to be a multi-year process building it to something that can pass as an NFL quality defense.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:

Without Rodgers and presuming Jordan Love and this situation isn't the third time the Pack gets lucky and strikes gold with the QB (Favre, Rodgers, Love), they aren't all that scary to contend with. That essentially just leaves the Vikings who essentially rely on Dalvin Cook for wins and losses (given Kirk Cousins is too inconsistent). If you can keep Cook's numbers down, I like the odds. That said, I think you'll still have to break .500 to make the playoffs in this division, but barely. My thought is 9-7 gets you the crown in the NFC North sans Rodgers.
17 games....

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
17 games....
Oops! Old habits die hard. I mean 9-8.

I actually like the Lions offense a lot now that they added Penei Sewell. That was a savvy pick, kinda obvious in retrospect but a lot of people wanted the Kenny Golladay replacement right away. They have a good offensive line and some sneaky good weapons. Not the biggest Jared Goff fan either, but he'll be able to make some plays with what the Lions have built around him.

The issue is their defense is truly abysmal. Jeff Okudah is already looking like he's on the bust trajectory, he started slow then had a little bounceback then just collapsed to finish the season. The old Patriots holdovers are all right I guess, but there's nobody that stands out as a great talent. At every level they lack talent. Its going to be a multi-year process building it to something that can pass as an NFL quality defense.

Sewell was an excellent pick up. He can stonewall Quinn all day (like everyone else does ?). That said, I think Goff is a downgrade to Stafford and losing Golladay hurts an offense. The lions' defense, of which we agree, is laughable. The team could be on an upward trajectory over time, but this coming season, they don't scare me one bit.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Nah. NFCN isn't packed with equally crappy teams. Without Rodgers, it isn't inconceivable that both Minn and Chi sweep GB. Count on another two wins vs Detroit. A great division record will boost both teams overall record compared to last year, and I think we see both Minn and Chi with 9+ wins

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I hope the lions bolster the lines just enough that they never manage to draft high enough to get a real qb. I also hope they hang onto Goff so nc0gnet0 can suffer for several years

Liked Posts:
I think everyone can agree Lions will suck....nothing new.

Vikings will be ok, they’re not going anywhere whit Cousing.

GB is the biggest threat obviously. I still highly doubt Rogers leaves and knowing their luck even if he does, Love will end up being a pro bowler.

The division will end up being the weakest it’s been in a long time. Bears have a chance at winning it with 9-10 wins, but not if Dalton starts majority of the games. Which is why I really hope Fields starts right away.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope the lions bolster the lines just enough that they never manage to draft high enough to get a real qb. I also hope they hang onto Goff so nc0gnet0 can suffer for several years
LOL, Lions have 4 1st round picks in the next two years, GLWT. Kind of funny coming from a team that was slotted at 20 this year? But the joke will be when they don't draft any QB and bring Staff back in 2023 behind a #1 rated O-line, a decent rushing attack, and a revamped D (yes the D needs work, but their D-line will be much improved).

Everyone gives Okudah a lot of shit, but he is far from bust. Came in last year with zero offseason (was hurt in the preseason, which was already a mess because of Covid) and then had to face a gauntlet of teams #1 WR's

Robinson, Adams, Hopkins, Jones, Cole,

Last edited:

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
LOL, Lions have 4 1st round picks in the next two years, GLWT. Kind of funny coming from a team that was slotted at 20 this year? But the joke will be when they don't draft any QB and bring Staff back in 2023 behind a #1 rated O-line, a decent rushing attack, and a revamped D (yes the D needs work, but their D-line will be much improved).

Everyone gives Okudah a lot of shit, but he is far from bust. Came in last year with zero offseason (was hurt in the preseason, which was already a mess because of Covid) and then had to face a gauntlet of teams #1 WR's

Robinson, Adams, Hopkins, Jones, Cole,
Keelan Cole shredding okudah does not make him a number 1

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Minnesota has the talent to win over 10 games every year with those skill players on offense. No Rodgers would make it easier for them to do that.

I don't see the Bears or Lions winning over 8 games this season even if Rodgers goes somewhere else. The Lions are in a rebuilding bridge year with a stop gap quarterback, and the Bears have an aging/declining defense that lost their All Pro CB and an offense that lacks explosive playmakers. Fields would have to come in and play way above expectations for them to have a winning season. Their schedule is going to be brutal.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Bears will win the division at 10-6

Fields becomes rookie of the year

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
11-6 record, Bears. NFC North Champs. Book it.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Minnesota has the talent to win over 10 games every year with those skill players on offense. No Rodgers would make it easier for them to do that.

I don't see the Bears or Lions winning over 8 games this season even if Rodgers goes somewhere else. The Lions are in a rebuilding bridge year with a stop gap quarterback, and the Bears have an aging/declining defense that lost their All Pro CB and an offense that lacks explosive playmakers. Fields would have to come in and play way above expectations for them to have a winning season. Their schedule is going to be brutal.
Bears won 13 games with MT. The reason the Lions won't win more than 8 is their D, not their QB. For years it was Stafford has never won a playoff game, he sucks. Now that the Lions have a QB that has won a playoff game (3 to be exact) my how the narrative changes............