Does anyone else miss the 46?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyRyan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
what's up, sweet cheeks? you still scared?

home address/full name....

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
what's up, sweet cheeks? you still scared?

home address/full name....

It's in your PMs on your banned account... too bad so sad, manlet:

tumblr_mho6typpft1rg1ucro1_500.gif

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
This is like when you gate off a toddler from getting into a certain area. They get around the gate and have like 15 seconds of joyful bliss before you snatch them the fuck up and put the gate back up.

1COBearsfan

We’re all mad here
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uh, I miss winning football. I’m don’t give a fuck how it happens

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I don't know if the 46 would work in the modern age honestly...brady would pick it apart and if you hit him you'd get penalized

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You guys realize the 46 was in place almost eight years before the Bears won the Superbowl right?

The defense didn't matter. The 46 was in place when the Bears had multiple losing seasons prior to the 1984 and 85 seasons.

Scheme doesn't matter as much as personnel does. The 46 didn't work completely until the right players joined the team. It didn't work completely until the team brought in players that not only could play but decided that losing was not an option. They didn't just want to play, they wanted to dominate.

The 46 is like the Wildcat, occasionally seen but generally not considered a scheme to use in today's game. But the mentality of the players that made the 46 dominant in the mid 80s is what makes champions. We need that, not the 46.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys realize the 46 was in place almost eight years before the Bears won the Superbowl right?

The defense didn't matter. The 46 was in place when the Bears had multiple losing seasons prior to the 1984 and 85 seasons.

Scheme doesn't matter as much as personnel does. The 46 didn't work completely until the right players joined the team. It didn't work completely until the team brought in players that not only could play but decided that losing was not an option. They didn't just want to play, they wanted to dominate.

The 46 is like the Wildcat, occasionally seen but generally not considered a defense to use in today's game. But the mentality of the players that made the 46 dominant in the mid 80s is what makes champions. We need that, not the 46.

You so realize that this is a troll thread, right?

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You so realize that this is a troll thread, right?

I know but I have heard other blab about how we need the 85 Bears again and how we need to bring back that kind of team or scheme. In some ways they are right, that mentality needs to come back.

The defensive scheme isn't important if you have the personnel.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

The 46 is like the Wildcat, occasionally seen but generally not considered a scheme to use in today's game. But the mentality of the players that made the 46 dominant in the mid 80s is what makes champions. We need that, not the 46.

I miss the "46". But with all the rule changes it wouldn't work today.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

The problem was lack of an "O" and a Qb. Similar to the present

Status
Not open for further replies.