Does Anyone Post on the Cubs.com Message Board?

sirdudenstein

Liked Posts:
I've grown weary of posting there due to the fact that it's been overrun with trolls and older men looking for attention. Is this board any better?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Yes, mostly younger men looking for attention ;)

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ive posted a couple of times there. Its pretty weak. They are all big time homers and evidentally Theo is Jesus and walks on water. No perspective on things just blind fandom.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't posted there since about 2002. I migrated over to NSBB when that got founded and really never went back.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ive posted a couple of times there. Its pretty weak. They are all big time homers and evidentally Theo is Jesus and walks on water. No perspective on things just blind fandom.

Really? I get the exact opposite feel. It's blind hatred for anything Cub and I've posted there since 2001...
I think people tend to see what they (don't) want to see when it comes to a message board. If blind homerism is what gets your goat, you see it everywhere. And vice versa with negativity towards anything Cubs.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think people tend to see what they (don't) want to see when it comes to a message board. If blind homerism is what gets your goat, you see it everywhere. And vice versa with negativity towards anything Cubs.

Na, I see what he is saying. I just tend to skip past that because of CBS. KB never bothered me because of it. We got into our shit, but I just learned that he is going to say the same shit. My problem is the Cubs board is they don't even have factual backing for their opinions. Asmuch as KB is a douche, he did have some facts. No facts bother me no matter what side you are on. I don't hate Theo and I don't love him. I come with a pretty level head and give credit to both sides. It is also why I hate guys who only go by numbers because its not the whole vision. I like different things. Its why our discussions are pretty level headed even if we differ to an extent,

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Really? I get the exact opposite feel. It's blind hatred for anything Cub and I've posted there since 2001...

1. The software there is from the 90's
2. Mods are faceless idiots that delete entire threads w/no explanation.
3.The same 3 people are still dominating the site, Hardslide, 20K, and Tribune Tommy.

Place is a waste of time, you're better off here.

Liked Posts:
Na, I see what he is saying. I just tend to skip past that because of CBS. KB never bothered me because of it. We got into our shit, but I just learned that he is going to say the same shit. My problem is the Cubs board is they don't even have factual backing for their opinions. Asmuch as KB is a douche, he did have some facts. No facts bother me no matter what side you are on. I don't hate Theo and I don't love him. I come with a pretty level head and give credit to both sides. It is also why I hate guys who only go by numbers because its not the whole vision. I like different things. Its why our discussions are pretty level headed even if we differ to an extent,

Boyd and his clones are obsessive posters who cherry-pick stats to fit their agenda. These guys have been banned from multiple websites and should be taken as such.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boyd and his clones are obsessive posters who cherry-pick stats to fit their agenda. These guys have been banned from multiple websites and should be taken as such.

They get banned because they have an agenda. It doesn't make there stats wrong. Everybody and I mean everybody cherry picks stats to try to fit their argument.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
never new they had board there. Il be band there soon enough :cubstroll:

Liked Posts:
They get banned because they have an agenda. It doesn't make there stats wrong. Everybody and I mean everybody cherry picks stats to try to fit their argument.

Dude, Boyd had made his living by trolling any overzealous Cubs fan who criticized any of Jim Hendry's moves during Hendry's final three or four years here. Now that Hendry is gone, he has completely fell off the deep end.

Needing validation from random people on the internet = Loser. I know first hand.

These guys have been banned from not one but multiple websites and it's time they get looked upon as such.