Does dislocated shoulder mean Miller is out for the rest of the year?

MidwestMonster2

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just a quick google search shows it takes 12 to 16 weeks to fully heal. So is the Rookie done for the year or just a few weeks and get some injections to play?
Just for reference this is what shows up on the google machine:
You can stop wearing the sling after a few days, but it takes about 12 to 16 weeks to completely recover from a dislocated shoulder. You'll usually be able to resume most activities within two weeks, but should avoid heavy lifting and sports involving shoulder movements for between six weeks and three months.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It depends how bad it was...if there is a grey area I am sure he would play....the guy toughed it out during the game....

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Realistically, two options:

1) rehab for 6 weeks then return. If you do that, over 50% chance the injury returns

2) Surgery, season ending, but only 10% chance of recurring injury

What I think they will do: sit out a few weeks and return and try to get thru season thru Super Bowl, then have surgery

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He is listed as day to day, so if it is season ending that would be day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day...

I believe it would be day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day To Day.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

1) rehab for 6 weeks then return. If you do that, over 50% chance the injury returns

What I think they will do: sit out a few weeks and return and try to get thru season thru Super Bowl, then have surgery

This injury hurts me as a huge AntMill fanboi who drafted him as a FF sleeper... Guess I have to put Cohen in now.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This injury hurts me as a huge AntMill fanboi who drafted him as a FF sleeper... Guess I have to put Cohen in now.

Yes my man. I have a very similar problem. My fanduel name is Trubsmiller, my two favorite players in the world.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He can play through it but the more often it comes out, the easier it will be for it to dislocate. It will also lead to other damage like tearing the rotator cuff. A lot of players play with the injury using a shoulder harness like the one Peanut used to wear but WRs don’t normally wear one because it restricts their movements too much and affects the catch radius. (Most of that info is from Dr. Chao)

It’s so effing frustrating, but I think they need to shut him down and get him the surgery.

I swear the Bears are just as damn snake bitten when it comes to drafting WRs as they are with drafting QBs.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Jordan Howard's shoulder popped multiple times last year. Even Multiple times in the same game. He came back after the Bye week and seemed no worse for wear.

It just depends..

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I gotta give the kid credit though for wanting to battle through it even when the team was like nah son take that helmet off. He's a fighter.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:

I like the way you think!

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Any confirmation on if this was a true dislocation or not?

Washington

Liked Posts:
I believe Miller missed the 2014 season with a shoulder injury. Does anyone know if it is the same shoulder and any commonalities? I read online that this injury will most likely require surgery. I give him credit for wanting to tough it out but I wonder if it is the right choice in the long run.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe Miller missed the 2014 season with a shoulder injury. Does anyone know if it is the same shoulder and any commonalities? I read online that this injury will most likely require surgery. I give him credit for wanting to tough it out but I wonder if it is the right choice in the long run.

Yes, the big injury was the other shoulder. He did also have a minor injury in the same shoulder but it was not a dislocation

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I’d be surprised if this was a dislocation because he was able to return to the game.

Not saying it wasn’t a dislocation but it was more likely a subluxation, which is just a low grade dislocation. Kind of like how a strain is not a full ‘tear.’