Dominik on Bears draft..

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Thought the Bears did great. Had no problem if they only grabbed 2 starters out of this draft, because QB and Tackle are 2 important positions. Loved the value of Fields at 11.

He thought Pace played it very well when Devonta Smith went off the board at 10, said that was the key to the Fields trade. Mentioned there was talk that the Giants were targeting a WR at 11 and as soon as the Eagles jumped the Giants for Smith, the WR value was not there and the Giants would be looking to move back. It appears all that was correct because Philly thought the same thing and jumped the Giants... who then went WR at #20.

Also thought the draft was a little slim on high end talent, maybe 20-25 first round grades on players and did not feel back end 1st rounders were that valuable in this draft. Also as a GM the player interviews are a very important part of the process and not having access to that like usual is a huge setback to your evaluation process. Said knowing what kind of guy you are drafting, his football intellect and what kind of person is more important that people think.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think there were more question marks in this draft due to Covid...

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Mark Dominick. Former GM of the Bucs.

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
Due to Covid Pace might have had his best draft ever. It limited his knack for over studying/analyzing DII & DIII players. Forced him to go with proven players on tape vs big boy competition.