Don Cooper Was Surprised At Santos Trade

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's got a new closer to mold now in Addison Reed.

SaberSox

Ass Man
Liked Posts:
He should be surprised. Santos is going to be a stud closer.

SaberSox

Ass Man
Liked Posts:
If KW wanted to get rid of him, I'm still not sure why he didn't keep him for 2012, let him build his value, and the trade him high for some killer prospects when the Sox are 15 games back come the all-star break.

Surely KW didn't think Santos peaked? Surely he didn't think this was the highest he could sell him?

And, if by some mircale the Sox happen to be in it come the trade deadline, then they have a stud closer to help them win the division.

I hated that he got rid of Santos.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If KW wanted to get rid of him, I'm still not sure why he didn't keep him for 2012, let him build his value, and the trade him high for some killer prospects when the Sox are 15 games back come the all-star break.

Surely KW didn't think Santos peaked? Surely he didn't think this was the highest he could sell him?

And, if by some mircale the Sox happen to be in it come the trade deadline, then they have a stud closer to help them win the division.

I hated that he got rid of Santos.

yeah but it isnt like closers come at a premium allthough some teams pay out the ass for them, you can get by with an avg right hander (not a Left hander) closing.

There was a lot of speculation that the locker room was divided with ozzie. Could it be KW moved guys and is moving guys that were ozzie advocates? dunno. but it was weird how they moved santos. There is alot we dont see or hear about that go into some of these deals. I do like what we got back in return. 3 years ago when santos was playing SS he would have netted you maybe a hotdog and a lemon chill.

SaberSox

Ass Man
Liked Posts:
yeah but it isnt like closers come at a premium allthough some teams pay out the ass for them, you can get by with an avg right hander (not a Left hander) closing.

There was a lot of speculation that the locker room was divided with ozzie. Could it be KW moved guys and is moving guys that were ozzie advocates? dunno. but it was weird how they moved santos. There is alot we dont see or hear about that go into some of these deals. I do like what we got back in return. 3 years ago when santos was playing SS he would have netted you maybe a hotdog and a lemon chill.

That's a lot. You know how expensive those items are at The Cell? lol

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's a lot. You know how expensive those items are at The Cell? lol

haha! the prices of food are priced so stupid. 20.00 for a burger fries and a drink! food is good and all but it isnt like the burgers are from red robin and the dogs are from gene and judes.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
go to a Thunderbolt game & get a Pepsi & nachos for like $7. Can't beat it.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
haha! the prices of food are priced so stupid. 20.00 for a burger fries and a drink! food is good and all but it isnt like the burgers are from red robin and the dogs are from gene and judes.

:drool:

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with SaberSox that they should've waited. There is still uncertainties about Santos and if he had a good year, they would've gotten a lot more.

Santos is going to be a stud and what we got for him probably doesn't match up.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe in Reed. He has some really good stuff. Good velocity, nasty fastball and arm strength.