Draft Party!

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Time to kick off discussions. I'm organizing a draft party for the NBA draft this year.

Likely at my house again. If you are interested, shoot me an email through the contact form on my website with your email address or it's my usernmae here at bullsbeat.com, and I will add you on to the email list for party updates (as well as try to update this thread).

For those of you who don't know, I live in Schaumburg right off of the elgin o'hare express way. If too many people are interested in coming we might move the party to espn zone. I'm not sure how many can fit in my house comfortably, but I'd say after about 25 it probably gets crowded if you still want to see the TV.

Presently attending:
1) dougthonus
2) musiqsoulchild
3) electric slim
4) fola
5) Bigups
6) Half Moon Bay
7) Woodz
8) Fred Pfeiffer
9) Brian Kush
10) Mapelgleaf
11) meatwad0
12) Dantown
13) DNP CD
14) apollocreed32
15) iltdi
16) MiltPilaciofanclub

cool007

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
cool007 wrote:
When is it?

thursday june 25, draft starts 6 pm central

Oh damn, I have some relatives coming over from Canada that time for few days so I won't be able to come.

Probably Next time.

mapelgleaf

Liked Posts:
Doug - we should figure out a way to stream it for online folks. I have an extra webcam... maybe between the 2 of us we can rig something up.

Manic Devourer

Liked Posts:
Wow, can't believe the draft is so soon. I didn't realize the draft was so soon after the NBA Finals.

When is the lottery???

Rose1

Liked Posts:
I hope Knicks get the first pick. I feel sorry for their fans.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
They probably don't even want top pick. I heard that their definetely taking Curry though

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
watchu talkin about??? the knicks are gonna get lebron james of course!!!

that's all their hope

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
For those of you who don't know, I live in Schaumburg right off of the elgin o'hare express way. If too many people are interested in coming we might move the party to espn zone. I'm not sure how many can fit in my house comfortably, but I'd say after about 25 it probably gets crowded if you still want to see the TV.

you could move it to a local sports bar. we're all pretty old here.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
We might do that, the problem is getting a sportsbar to give you volume of the draft. Assuming cubs/sox are playing that night, they may not be willing to accommodate you on that.

mapelgleaf

Liked Posts:
some bars are only licensed for sound for games and nothing else too - something to keep in mind. One of my clients is a bar and the laws are really loopy.

If we get to that point though, someone could always call ahead-- if they're able to they will. 25+ people for sure on a thurs. night carries a lot of weight.

Of course if this was in Rockford I could line up that very place and it would kick ass, but alas one of the downsides living 60-90 minutes from everyone else.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Rose1 wrote:
I hope Knicks get the first pick. I feel sorry for their fans.

I hope they get the 2nd pick and get Rubio and watch him be a disaster.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
We might do that, the problem is getting a sportsbar to give you volume of the draft. Assuming cubs/sox are playing that night, they may not be willing to accommodate you on that.

I cant come but it seems you should do it out your house like every year. With bars you have to deal with idiots and so on.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

I cant come but it seems you should do it out your house like every year. With bars you have to deal with idiots and so on.

I'm going to do that unless it gets to be too many people. I've got seating for maybe 15-18 people in my basement. I'm sure people could sit on the floor or other stuff since it's clean, and there's plenty of room to stand, but if it goes north of 20 people it's time to start looking for alternatives.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

I'm going to do that unless it gets to be too many people. I've got seating for maybe 15-18 people in my basement. I'm sure people could sit on the floor or other stuff since it's clean, and there's plenty of room to stand, but if it goes north of 20 people it's time to start looking for alternatives.

I know here in NY in bars you can rent rooms that seperate you from the people.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
You can do that here too, but I just don't want to drop $300 on a room which is what ESPN zone charges. I'm going to call and talk to them about it though, and see if I can get them to do it for free.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
You can do that here too, but I just don't want to drop $300 on a room which is what ESPN zone charges. I'm going to call and talk to them about it though, and see if I can get them to do it for free.

Yea suggest free publicity on your site.