Draft Targets if the Bears Stay at Pick # 20

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Samuel Cosmi or Rashawn Slater - I don't know if Slater is a T in the NFL though

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Shouldn't we wait to see who the coach and GM are going to be???

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
The QBs will be gone.

I am looking at OT

Slater
Darrisaw
Eichenberg
Leatherwood

In that order
I heard Slater is a beast. The only thing that worries me are the measureables. You think he has the height/arm length to play T?

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
Overpaying is part of the peril of NFL free agency. If you dont ever overpay because you are worried aboutgetting stuck with Robert Quinn you wind up like the Packers did for their mid-decade slump. Elite talent doesn't come at a bargain once it hits the open market, but unless you are a team particularly flush in draft capital free agency is really the only way to solve multiple roster problems with potentially major upgrades.

The Packers mid decade 'slump' was still pretty good.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
thedraftnetwork had Robert Hunt as a comp for Slater. I thought that was a good one.

I think he's a high floor high ceiling RT.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
thedraftnetwork had Robert Hunt as a comp for Slater. I thought that was a good one.

I think he's a high floor high ceiling RT.
Yeah I watched a documentary on Slater and sitting out this season the guy is a workout warrior I love his motor too. Massie is all but gone, you think slater is a day one starter? Leno is serviceable with better scheme/coaching IMO.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yeah I watched a documentary on Slater and sitting out this season the guy is a workout warrior I love his motor too. Massie is all but gone, you think slater is a day one starter? Leno is serviceable with better scheme/coaching IMO.
I do think he probably is a day one starter.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He has no say in that situation if we choose to franchise tag him, which would be 16m(The salary we wanted to pay him in the first place).

So yea, don't rule arob out.
he doesn't have to sign it

Sicario

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We have to draft a QB this year. Let’s say the top 5 are gone, who is the sleeper pick?
I think it’s the kid from Arkansas, Franks. Has nice size and I watched him play this year and he look good.

Liked Posts:
he doesn't have to sign it
Unless he hates money, he pretty much has no choice. The concern is he decides to play unmotivated next year if he gets tagged.

Honestly, if he doesn’t want to be here though, it’s in everyone’s best interests he signs elsewhere. Next year will be a down year, don’t waste cap space on toxic situations.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
IF the Bears don’t trade up for a QB, I think they should seriously consider trading down in the 1st AND 2nd round and accumulate more picks.

The reasoning here is fairly simple. Bears need to fill a lot of spots and don’t have a lot of money. The draft could remedy this, and Pace does well from basically the 2nd round onwards.

I would look to trade down in the 1st about 10 spots and do the same in the 2nd. Acquire picks. Tag Robinson. Shore up the OL. Keep bringing in talent at CB. Need to be deep there in today’s NFL, especially with your 2nd best CB injury prone.

The biggest question will obviously be QB. I think you draft one in the 1st or 2nd round and let them compete with the corpse of Nick Foles. Bears have no super bowl aspirations next season. Just hope they could add some nice pieces on both sides of the ball for the new regime to work with the following season as it looks like the mccaskeys want to run it back with clowny Nagy.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That would be a dream, but I see them going 1,2,3.

The jets are gonna take fields, and then whoever wants wilson will trade for him at #3. My guess is san fran.

FWIW, the Jets were have said to be rolling with Darnold if they couldn’t get Lawrence.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Waddle will be gone too imo. He's faster but he's not the level of prospect Smith is imo. That said he will be a weapon.

I am not as high on Trask.

I can't believe Waddle's gonna play tonight. Kids got the draft, millions of dollars and his future just ahead of him and they don't need him, but you gotta love that he wants to play even though he's got all that to risk.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
This team needs a complete rebuild. You go best player available without a doubt. I would hope they start with the OL.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
FWIW, the Jets were have said to be rolling with Darnold if they couldn’t get Lawrence.
that's what I would do if I were the Jets. I'd roll with Darnold and accumulate a shit ton of picks by trading down. Use those picks to help build around Darnold.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Pace/Nagy is back - I would almost prefer them to just attack the OL in the first and WR in the 2nd. Roll Foles ( :rolleyes::rolleyes:) out there next season for 5-6 wins. Let the new GM/HC pick their QB in 2022. Quickest way back to relevance.
I think you over estimate foles he is only worth about 2 wins and then they can get the first pick it's genius Pace never sleeps