Drop Rates For 2024 WR Draft Class

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting indeed. I'd like to see it with how many throws were thrown a receiver's way. A guy with a 3 percent drop rate who only caught 15 balls might not be as impressive as a guy with a higher percentage of drops who caught 60.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I liked Brian Thomas before this but this just adds to it.
Doubtful they get Nabers but Thomas is a nice consolation prize. Could also be had later in the 1st, so he could be a trade down scenario. Remember the Bears gave up 2 1sts, 1 4th & a 5th to go from 20 to 11 in another QB crazy draft.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Johnny Wilson and Jayden Daniels everything I saw from these two at Arizona State held up at their new schools. They simply didn't get better.

Now I know everyone is going to come for me on Jayden Daniels.... But but he wasn't a Heisman trophy winner at ASU. No he wasn't but at ASU his best season he was carried by Brandon Aiyuk (LSU he had Nabers and Thomas) and at both schools Daniels had high scramble rates where he didn't face any pressure aka not being able to read a defense panicking and then running.

As the saying goes a leopard never changes their spots.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Justin Jefferson had a 5.8% drop rate in college, this is nonsense.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Justin Jefferson had a 5.8% drop rate in college, this is nonsense.
It's nonsense because why? You don't want to consider the facts? It's something you don't want to consider in your evaluation of a guy?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Considering factual info is nonsense?
No, it doesn't translate to the NFL. I guess if you have a receiver projected to be top 10 with double digit drop % possibly. For example, JSN (Seattle) has an alarming 10%+ drop rate in the NFL, on only 93 targets. That is pretty awful. He had a 4.8% drop in College.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No, it doesn't translate to the NFL. I guess if you have a receiver projected to be top 10 with double digit drop % possibly. For example, JSN (Seattle) has an alarming 10%+ drop rate in the NFL, on only 93 targets. That is pretty awful. He had a 4.8% drop in College.

According to who?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to who?
the drop rates in the NFL. It's not 1:1. Like I said if it's double digits then sure, otherwise imo unless it is on a low number of targets it's not a red flag, if it's < 10

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
the drop rates in the NFL. It's not 1:1. Like I said if it's double digits then sure, otherwise imo unless it is on a low number of targets it's not a red flag, if it's < 10

Who said it was?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If a player has a shit ton of drops in college that’s just good info to know. Obviously players sometimes improve their hands in the pros. But if I was drafting a WR it’s info I’d certainly want to know.