Eagles openly tanking on SNF

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they did it out of spite for the Giants. Imagine you're the Giants expecting to receive a gift and then watch that gift given to another.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I think they did it out of spite for the Giants. Imagine you're the Giants expecting to receive a gift and then watch that gift given to another.
Week one Eagles @ Giants is an obvious choice for the schedule-makers.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
To draw a comparison, I imagine an elementary school valentine's day party where you're the Giants, the girl you like is the Eagles, and the jock is Washington

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eq3LDW_WMAImYRs

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The fact you are going to these types of disingenuous lengths to excuse this exposes that you ultimately agree that the Eagles behavior was at best unsporting and unethical.
lol at unsporting and unethical. nobody tuned in today for ethics

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eagles were tanking and it was obvious. It was a difference between the 6th overall pick or the 9th. I guess the 6th pick can get them that WR from Bama. I don't mind if a team wants to tank, but don't make it obvious. Even the Jags weren't that obvious with their tank efforts.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not sure why you would want to make it obvious and brazen?

I've thought about this before and I am sure a degree of it happens more. God I wish Lovie had had the dishonor to lose a few late in seasons.

It disrespects sport and the game of football. It disrespects your opponent. It should be punished for making it obvious.

He could have just asked his buddy Nagy for his playbook.

I hope the Philly owner had a hidden camera on Jerry Jones so he could watch with twisted joy as the hope and light went dim from Jerry's eyes as the reality of what was happening sunk in. I think the Philly owner very much wanted to be at the next NFL owners meeting watching JJ throw a tantrum and spill his whisky.

Nitschke

Liked Posts:
I watched the whole game- what a crapfest of poor play on both sides. Hurts wasn't playing lights out anyway and when they put Sudfeld in there I just thought the Eagles wanted to see if he was worth keeping next year by playing him with live bullets flying. So what- they are 4-12 for a lot of reasons. Crap players and crap coaches all doing not enough to win all season. If the Giants wanted in then maybe they should have won 1 more game instead of crying about the Eagles motivations. I only wish it would have been the Cowboys that got boned so I could see Jerrah melt down.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking at the draft order difference, the loss moves them to #6 pick from #9 pick. Could have been more than just hate for the Giants that motivated them.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Looking at the draft order difference, the loss moves them to #6 pick from #9 pick. Could have been more than just hate for the Giants that motivated them.
Something else to consider is the near total lack of correlation between high draft picks and sustained team success.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I wish we would have tanked more this season. It would have been better for the future of the team. But you know, we fuck everything up. :ROFLMAO:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I wish we would have tanked more this season. It would have been better for the future of the team. But you know, we fuck everything up. :ROFLMAO:
Losing does not lead to winning in the NFL.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Easy to excuse away. Peterson can say he wanted to evaluate certain players under real game conditions as a prelude to next year or that he was protecting starters from injury in a meaningless game. Doing what's best for his own team without 'trying' to throw the game.

How is it different than playoff teams protecting starters and losing their last game because of it? Teams have gotten into the playoffs by that sort of dubious win in the past.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I kind of agree with Monty here. Just more of our ends justify the means society.
I agree with agreeing with Montucky but disagree with him in particular throwing out words like "egregious" and "travesty" and lecturing about 'ethics' through the lense of a football contest, given his examinations of much more serious and consequential matters.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Eagles weren’t trying to lose. But they were obviously not going all out to win, either.

Posters complaining that the Eagles, who had nothing to play for, didn’t play to win, but were hoping the Packers would have been in the same situation with us last week...lol