Ego Ferguson Thread

What grade do you give the Ego Ferguson Pick?

• Total voters

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
[video=youtube;CJE1tvHJY60]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJE1tvHJY60[/video]

"Turd Ferguson!"

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Ego Ferguson:

BOTTOM LINE Athletic, raw, developmental three-technique with clear upside, though he is inexperienced, aimless and unrefined at this stage of his development. Needs more glass in his diet and simply does not impact games the way he should. Is likely to test well and be drafted higher than his performance dictates in the hopes a defensive line coach can tap into his potential.

Hook, line, and sinker for Phil.

"Needs more glass in his diet."

I can honestly say that is the first time I have ever seen that in a player profile.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Ferguson has not played for the Bears.

Maybe we wait and see what he does because I think he will play heavy snaps at NT for the bears this season and will improve our run defense a lot.

He is a high ceiling, low floor project. No reason to believe he will have a huge impact this year. It seems to me what emery is doing is infusing youth depth/next year starters into the most important positions on this defense who happen to have older bet starters. The idea being these guys can learn and then take over either because of injury or retirement. It's not a bad idea, but I'd have preferred to get immediate starts early (safety/nt) and then draft depth potential later.

That being said maybe he has high floor/low ceiling prospects pegged for later rounds who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he will play heavy snaps at NT for the bears this season and will improve our run defense a lot.

Preach on. I really like the pick.

Everything this offseason has been about ending the embarrassment that was last years run defense. I'm no expert, but I'm giving Emery high marks thus far in the draft.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Look the guy was a reach. Let's be real. However, Emery has to draft based on his board not someone else's. At the end of the day all that matters is whether Emery ends up being right. If he was like with Long then no one will give a shit.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
at least it's a big DT. i need to be sold more on this pick. that's twice now i'm chanting a name and not only is it NOT another expected pick, but somebody where i have to go, "WHO?"

Snorch

Liked Posts:
Don't really hate the pick, just would have liked Nix or traded back about 20 spots

chibearsfan84

Liked Posts:
After watching some youtube "highlights," I think Emery really blew this pick. I was more excited about Bostic, and we know how that has turned out.

I give a C-, because he at least drafted the right position. Probably should be a D though.

ctree5454

Liked Posts:
He is strictly a nose. Not going to give you anything with a pass rush but holds the point and takes on doubles pretty well. Definitely seems to lack instincts/awareness. Loved the fuller pick but not sure how much Ferguson can do in his first year

Chinese

Liked Posts:
Well defense had to be addressed and they are going with that. Hope they know what they are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
motherfucker. i had like EIGHT DTs ahead of him. not even on my small board of defensive players. left Nix on the board, no Brooks, man. i seriously got a little sick to my stomach. man, i hope he knows what he's doing because you could hear the crickets on that one. dammit.

Did you have access to Nix's medical file? That knee must be really bad for him to still be on the board.

MontanaBear

Liked Posts:
Might as well just drafted Hingle McCringleberry

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is strictly a nose. Not going to give you anything with a pass rush but holds the point and takes on doubles pretty well. Definitely seems to lack instincts/awareness. Loved the fuller pick but not sure how much Ferguson can do in his first year

He can take a double team.

What can Ferguson do in 2015? He could be a really good NT.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
motherfucker. i had like EIGHT DTs ahead of him. not even on my small board of defensive players. left Nix on the board, no Brooks, man. i seriously got a little sick to my stomach. man, i hope he knows what he's doing because you could hear the crickets on that one. dammit.

Lol. Just shut up already.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i mean if you just want a big body in the middle, take McCullers in the 4th. jesus.