Ego Ferguson Thread

What grade do you give the Ego Ferguson Pick?

• Total voters

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
at least it's a big DT. i need to be sold more on this pick. that's twice now i'm chanting a name and not only is it NOT another expected pick, but somebody where i have to go, "WHO?"

So since you have to say who, it's a bad pick?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think this is another one of those versatile guys that Emery likes. He is big enough where he can play NT in our system but they probably also drafted him with the hopes that if he taps into his raw athletic ability that he could be a bigger 3T in a couple of years.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
From Walter Football:

Summary: LSU has been a factory for NFL defensive talent, and Ferguson is their top lineman for the 2014 NFL Draft. Ferguson is a fast disruptor who is also strong at the point of attack. Like many Tiger draft prospects, Ferguson has a rare combination of size, power and speed.

It took a while for Ferguson to get on the field for LSU. In his first two seasons, he had other tackles ahead of him like Michael Brockers, Bennie Logan and Anthony Johnson. Ferguson was a backup in 2012 and totaled 14 tackles. He was a reserve as redshirt freshman as well in 2011, notching 13 tackles.

Ferguson won a starting spot next to Johnson in 2013 with Logan and Brockers in the NFL. Everybody expected Johnson to have a breakout season and be a dominant force for the LSU defense, but it was Ferguson who made the biggest impact up front. The redshirt junior started out hot, but cooled off some down the stretch. He recorded 58 tackles with 3.5 tackles for a loss and a sack. He was impressive against Alabama. Ferguson decided to enter the 2014 NFL Draft, but would have had a shot at the first round in 2015 by returning to school and getting better.

Ferguson uses his great get-off and explosion to cause disruption off the snap. He is strong for his size and holds his ground in run defense. Ferguson has good speed to close and does a nice job of pushing the pocket.

Ferguson is a nice mold of clay for the NFL. He has a skill set, but needs developing. Ferguson needs to build up a repertoire of pass-rushing moves. He needs to avoid playing too high and maintaing good pad level. With his size, strength and speed, Ferguson could end up being a steal in the 2014 NFL Draft if he lands with good coaching.

His best fit would come in a 4-3 defense as a three technique defensive tackle, but he could also play nose tackle. In a 3-4 defense, Ferguson could play end, but that isn't as good of a match for what he does well. Sources have told WalterFootball.com that Ferguson has been graded as high as the second round.

Rise

Liked Posts:
He's a 3-tech.

No he is a nt who could develop into a 3-tech. It makes more sense the more I read about him. He can play nt for is this year and beyond, but if he taps dat poootential we got a 3-tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sick to my stomach

paytonisgod

Liked Posts:
Look the guy was a reach. Let's be real. However, Emery has to draft based on his board not someone else's. At the end of the day all that matters is whether Emery ends up being right. If he was like with Long then no one will give a shit.
Which is why there is no such thing as "a reach." Phil has a board. Ferguson was apparently the highest guy left on the board. He has to assume other GMs have made the same conclusions about Ferguson's grade or risk losing the pick to someone else who isn't going to wait. "A reach" is just some media generated perception nonsense.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Donald was actually the reach. He's not anywhere near as big as Ferguson...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
i mean if you just want a big body in the middle, take McCullers in the 4th. jesus.

McCullers sucks this guy can actually move.

Ferguson physically over powered SEC OLs last season and got 60 tackles.

CBS had him at 75 and a 2nd/3rd round talent.

Mayock had him at 79.

He was a slight reach with a ton of upside.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Might as well just drafted Hingle McCringleberry

Who-Animated-gif-arrested-development-9659488-432-240.gif

bearmuff

Liked Posts:
i mean if you just want a big body in the middle, take McCullers in the 4th. jesus.

mccullers is nowhere near the player ferguson is. mccullers stands upright and doesn't bend... he will be a bust unless he has a natural bend to his body and just needs the technique. but i'm not counting on that.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
McCullers sucks this guy can actually move.

Ferguson physically over powered SEC OLs last season and got 60 tackles.

CBS had him at 75 and a 2nd/3rd round talent.

Mayock had him at 79.

He was a slight reach with a ton of upside.

Yup I see several people having him as a 2nd rounder....last time I checked we only have one of those

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So have people forgotten we have not drafted a safety yet? We need more bleeding over no safety pick. CCS. I am disappoint.