ESPN Power Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow! I didn't think they would be ranked that high. I find it hilarious that the Giants are ranked at #24 and they are 3 point favorites against the #6 Bears next week! :rofl:

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
CBS sports has the Bears at 5, ahead of the Pack.

Ricky

Ricky
Liked Posts:
Who cares about these stupid ranking anyway... they are not even updated on regular. I think NFL should implement uniform ranking across different platforms.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who cares about these stupid ranking anyway...

I think it's fun to watch the rankings change from week to week. The Bears started the season around 23 or 24 and now they have risen to 5,6 in just 3 weeks! It just shows you how little the so-called "experts" know, and how they they let their personal biases influence their writing.

they are not even updated on regular.

Actually the ESPN and CBSSports rankings are updated every Tuesday during the regular season.

I think NFL should implement uniform ranking across different platforms.

The rankings are opinions! You can't implement uniform rankings, because you can't control peoples opinions. The NFL does have a uniform ranking system. It's called the "standings" and it's based on win/loss records.

Veritas

Liked Posts:
I think it's fun to watch the rankings change from week to week. The Bears started the season around 23 or 24 and now they have risen to 5,6 in just 3 weeks! It just shows you how little the so-called "experts" know, and how they they let their personal biases influence their writing.

I know because everyone in Chicago knew we would be a top 5-6 team after 3 weeks into this season and anyone who thought otherwise is a moron.

Here is a post you made after week 1, you said you were leaning toward the Bears ending the season 7-9 which clearly puts them in the top 5-6 teams in the NFL. Damn those Special person experts who couldn't predict this Bears start when you clearly did. :slap:

I'm actually leaning more toward 7-9 and that's still a good possibility, but the Bears actually played better than I expected.

Also just to point out I do not think we are a top 5 team in the NFL right now. I am impressed by our record and am very happy we are undefeated but we still have a ton of issues to work out before I would call us a top 5 team. As of right now I think we are a wild card team.

1. Steelers
2. Colts
3. Saints
4. Packers
5. Ravens
6. Eagles
7. Jets
8. Bears

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know because everyone in Chicago knew we would be a top 5-6 team after 3 weeks into this season and anyone who thought otherwise is a moron.

I sense a little sarcasm in your post :lol: I never said I agree with the 5/6 power ranking. I actually think right now the Bears should be ranked in the 10-12 range. The press, IMHO, had them under ranked after their horrid preseason and has them over ranked now, just because of the 3-0 start.

Here is a post you made after week 1, you said you were leaning toward the Bears ending the season 7-9 which clearly puts them in the top 5-6 teams in the NFL. Damn those Special person experts who couldn't predict this Bears start when you clearly did. :slap:

Originally Posted by TopekaRoy
I'm actually leaning more toward 7-9 and that's still a good possibility, but the Bears actually played better than I expected.

WOW! Really? You deliberately edited my quote to misrepresent my view and support your position. That's weak! Here is the original quote:

I had the Bears pegged at 10-6 and I'm sticking to that ... for now. Before yesterday's game, I was actually leaning more toward 7-9 and that's still a good possibility, but the Bears actually played better than I expected!

I originally thought the Bears would be a 10-6 team and I still think that. I did waver a little bit, momentarily, after the preseason, but so far it's looking like my original opinions were closer to the truth all along.

And I never called the writers "Special person." I said they were biased. "Special person," "Moron" and "Idiot" are words you like to use. Don't atribbute them to me.

Also just to point out I do not think we are a top 5 team in the NFL right now. I am impressed by our record and am very happy we are undefeated but we still have a ton of issues to work out before I would call us a top 5 team. As of right now I think we are a wild card team.

As I stated above, I agree with you. The Bears definitely need to improve their offensive line, pass defense and find a running game before they will be a top 6 team. I'm hopeful that they can. So far they have done a good job of using their strengths to overcome their weaknesses. We will see if that continues.

Last edited:

chs234

Liked Posts:
Wow! I didn't think they would be ranked that high. I find it hilarious that the Giants are ranked at #24 and they are 3 point favorites against the #6 Bears next week! :rofl:

that's funny now, isn't it?

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Status
Not open for further replies.