ESPN: Ranking NFL Starters (Cutler No. 15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
15. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears

Analysis: Cutler was an elite quarterback in 2008 when he played for the Broncos, but 26 interceptions for Chicago in 2009 moved him out of my top group. With Mike Martz calling the plays, Cutler should regain his 4,000-yard form and re-emerge as the elite quarterback the Bears thought they acquired in a trade with Denver.
Chance of being elite: 95 percent

From Peyton Manning to Jake Delhomme, ESPN's John Clayton ranks the NFL's starting QBs - ESPN

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kind of a funny analysis. "He was a great QB, but now he's not, but next year he will be again!" Oddly enough, I kind of agree with it, though.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Kind of a funny analysis. "He was a great QB, but now he's not, but next year he will be again!" Oddly enough, I kind of agree with it, though.

If the line doesnt protect Cutler though, he doesnt have much hope of being a good QB again this year. We will wait and see though.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I also find it amusing that he has Orton listed at 16, right behind Jay, even though he says, "There is a huge drop-off after Cutler ... " Translation: Orton is not nearly as good a Cutler, but he is better than everyone else, who's not as good as Cutler!

Bears are #1

Liked Posts:
I agree with these rankings for the most part i see where he is coming from with Cutler also. I think he should of put Schaub a little higher just for the fact that he had the best statistical year last year that is really the only thing i had against these rankings.

RandallPinkFloyd42

Liked Posts:
All depends on the line. If Cutler's running for his life everytime he drops back it's going to be a long season.

BearMan2010

Liked Posts:
O-Line will make us or break us. Defense will do OK, but Jay needs time to make Mikes magic work !

Livewire

Liked Posts:
I disagree with the rankings... these are the top 10 in order.

1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Philip Rivers
5. Tom Brady
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Brett Favre
8. Tony Romo
9. Matt Schaub
10. Carson Palmer

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The oline is going to be horrible this season :(

stormbolter73

Liked Posts:
If Big Ben was playing all season i'd agree with him being right where you've got him Livewire. I'm still looking at these things from a fantasy perspective since I feel like my whole life the last 2 weeks has been one big draft and that suspension drops him a bit. I'm a bit higher on Schaub but i'm pretty much with ya. I hope Cutler can have a 4,000 yard season, he is my 2nd QB in one of my leagues after Palmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.