Everybody Is Stunned....

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
,,,that the team with the vastly superior quarterback has once again done what they always do - Come into Soldier Field and dominate. Who saw that coming?

Now, we get to take this show on the road... Mitch and the dink-and-dunk offense against future 1st ballot HOFer Drew Brees, who managed to put up 33 points this weekend without Alvin Kamara or any of his other running backs. Gee, I wonder how that will turn out.

Normally, making the playoffs is a good thing. Somehow, however, I think this year, backing in on the previously non-existent seventh seed may actually be counter-productive to the long term trajectory of this team....You can se it with your own eyes, what a mess this squad is, and yet, you have to wonder if the "brain trust" at Halas Hall sees it, or do they just think "Hey! We're a playoff team!" and stay the course another year. Another year of Pace, Nagy, and maybe even an overpaid Trubisky.

Another year of watching Rodgers take this city out to the woodshed to administer a beat-down.

Another wasted season, with no prospect of anything meaningful happening.

Oh, what the heck.....Look out New Orleans! Here we come!

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I’m worried that it’s going to be way more than another wasted year. Letting Pace have another crack at solving QB could easily set the team back several years with another crappy contract.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
I’m worried that it’s going to be way more than another wasted year. Letting Pace have another crack at solving QB could easily set the team back several years with another crappy contract.

Perhaps I'm being too optimistic.

menacemanic

Liked Posts:

We are not drafting a qb...we are getting tackles and lb in the first 3 rounds

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fucked up thing is this version of Mitch is probably good enough to win a couple playoff games in 2018 and probably good enough to get into the playoffs in 2019 with those defenses.

Which points back to Nagy not knowing or being willing/able to adapt to his personnel. Crucial 4th and less than 1… down 5… Mooney is out of the game hurt… shotgun rollout to Robinson? Wtf?

Nagy needs to go. Pagano needs to go. The rest of the staff and Pace are debatable but those two IMO should be gone the day after their next loss.

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
We also need a good DE that can be used to drop into coverage. Those guys don’t grow on trees, you know...
Sure but with Eddie Goldman back next year.i think tackles and. lb are more of a pressing need

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

Someone has to play quarterback next year.

Reviewing the options:

Tag Trubisky, or sign him to a new deal. Either one would be expensive, and would leave the Bears status-quo at the league's most most important position, just a whole lot costlier.

Nick Foles - Ugh. That's a failed experiment.

Trade for or sign a vet - Carson Wentz wants out in Philly, Stafford may be done in Detroit, ditto Cam in New England. And Dwayne Haskins in unemployed. Any of those guys excite you? Anyone else?

Draft and develop a rookie. The Bears, by virtue of their foray into the playoffs, is not going to draft any higher than 19th, barring a trade. With Pace and Nagy likely returning, and on a shorter leash (one would hope), the prospect of a rookie QB not named Trevor Lawrence or even Justin Field may not appeal to either man.

So....

Bolek

Liked Posts:
or...you could be excited to see your team in the playoffs for a change. 18 NFL fan bases have no team to cheer for next weekend. You guys are such whiners that its almost disturbing.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one is stunned and pretty much no one expected them to win yesterday. There was this whole big poll.

With that said Im excited to see Bears playoff football for the second time in 3 years even if they did back in and I didnt want that. But we are here now and Im a Bears fan for life.

I give them a better chance vs the Saints than the Packers. I think the Pack is a much better team especially when Rogers plays the Bears. He just owns them.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Someone has to play quarterback next year.

Reviewing the options:

Tag Trubisky, or sign him to a new deal. Either one would be expensive, and would leave the Bears status-quo at the league's most most important position, just a whole lot costlier.

Nick Foles - Ugh. That's a failed experiment.

Trade for or sign a vet - Carson Wentz wants out in Philly, Stafford may be done in Detroit, ditto Cam in New England. And Dwayne Haskins in unemployed. Any of those guys excite you? Anyone else?

Draft and develop a rookie. The Bears, by virtue of their foray into the playoffs, is not going to draft any higher than 19th, barring a trade. With Pace and Nagy likely returning, and on a shorter leash (one would hope), the prospect of a rookie QB not named Trevor Lawrence or even Justin Field may not appeal to either man.

So....
The best thing for the team that won’t happen is to start trading or cutting the aging talent, and resetting. Build O line this off season. Don’t resign Trubisky. Start Foles. Suck next year and draft a QB in the 2022 draft with a reasonably high pick after 2 off seasons of building O line.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Didn’t say they were. Probably need another CB and WR if ARob walks as well. Pace grabbing another team’s cast off with years on the contract is my worry.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Wait, DT or OTs?
If they go defense again after spending 4 years on defense I may just be done with this team and the moronic fans who desire a team built to win 70 years ago and then whine about not winning.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
The best thing for the team that won’t happen is to start trading or cutting the aging talent, and resetting. Build O line this off season. Don’t resign Trubisky. Start Foles. Suck next year and draft a QB in the 2022 draft with a reasonably high pick after 2 off seasons of building O line.
or we could just start building OL, this draft. For one, this offense needs more talent at OL, and two, no matter who the QB is in the future, they will benefit from it. Like it or not, this is a playoff team - one of 14 teams that are 0-0 this week

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No one is stunned. It played out how most people thought it would

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
or we could just start building OL, this draft. For one, this offense needs more talent at OL, and two, no matter who the QB is in the future, they will benefit from it. Like it or not, this is a playoff team - one of 14 teams that are 0-0 this week
I said that in my post... get O line this off season, delay getting a QB by a year and then get more O line next off season too, so when the rookie is playing you have 2 off seasons of building O line