Ex-Bears Starter [Greg Olsen] Calls Out Matt Nagy: ‘What the F—‘

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
What exactly is the problem? I like Olsen, he's missed 23 games the last four years. I'm sure they were considering signing him, and then went a different direction.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
What exactly is the problem? I like Olsen, he's missed 23 games the last four years. I'm sure they were considering signing him, and then went a different direction.

Well, one problem is that if you tell a guy you don't have the money to sign him and then sign another guy for more, that looks pretty fuckin bad on your part. Just be honest and say you liked Graham more.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Well, one problem is that if you tell a guy you don't have the money to sign him and then sign another guy for more, that looks pretty fuckin bad on your part. Just be honest and say you liked Graham more.

Maybe they didn't have the money for a guy who was unlikely to play 10 games. Maybe they lied. Who cares. They don't owe Greg Olsen anything. Maybe they used him to negotiate with Graham. Are we pretending that teams are supposed to be 100% honest when negotiating with free agents?

Graham had as many TDs last year as Olsen had his last four seasons. If the choice was between Olsen and Graham, the Bears made the right choice. Who the fuck cares if they told Olsen the truth or not?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They didn't have the money after signing Graham. It's a nicer way of saying we preferred somebody else and got him to sign with us. Olsen was likely plan B. He had 1TD and 239 yds last year. Graham had 8 TDs with 456 yds.

Writer also said Olsen was drafted in 2017. :rolleyes: He rewrote the article from another one linked. Lots of lazy 'journalism' going on.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
"let this be a lesson"... what's the lesson? Don't call free agents that can fill a need during free agency without giving them a contract?... stupid article. Greg Olsen got butt hurt, Pace made the right choice, end of story.

Last edited:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Based on production, it was the right decision.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Olsen will be glad he missed the train wreck around week 8.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
As a fan I would have been like, yes! But production at any price is the name of the game.

Lot's of things that we complain about with Graham (lack of blocking, lazy in the middle of the field, ect.) but his production in the Red Zone can not be ignored, and the way to win the game is to score more points than your opponent.

So, he is running the camp that Kmet went to, I sure hope he is more professional and does not bad talk the Bears to him.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
It really wouldnt have mattered in the scheme of thinks. Bears would have been 8-8 with either player
Maybe, but assuming that both players did what they did last year 8tds vs 1, that is a 49 point difference. I am not sure they get to 8-8 with nearly 50 points less, we only averaged 23 points per game, so that was more than two games of scoring.

I am assuming that you think Kmet would have gotten more touches and scored more, offsetting that deficiency, but he was a rookie.

I think it would have resulted in at least 1 more loss, maybe 2.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Olsens game fell off a Cliff a few years ago.. the fact is he should have never been traded to begin with

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe they didn't have the money for a guy who was unlikely to play 10 games. Maybe they lied. Who cares. They don't owe Greg Olsen anything. Maybe they used him to negotiate with Graham. Are we pretending that teams are supposed to be 100% honest when negotiating with free agents?

Graham had as many TDs last year as Olsen had his last four seasons. If the choice was between Olsen and Graham, the Bears made the right choice. Who the fuck cares if they told Olsen the truth or not?

also, maybe they didn't have the money at the time and freed it up for Graham

or maybe Nagy was just repeating what he was told by Pace

or maybe a 100 other possible scenarios

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I hope that's the writer embellishing to make an offseason article and Olsen isn't that touchy. If Olsen is that touchy that's a good reason to not get him. If it's his personality it could be the reason he was let go with the lame excuses we heard in spite of having talent.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

It sounds as if Olsen was plan B if a contract with Graham could not be reached. When Graham signed, Olsen was forgotten, and it appears to have hurt his feelings.

Greg will either get over it, or he won't. That's not on the Bears.