Extend Roquan to front-loaded deal?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Might as well sign him to a front-loaded deal. Always a risk involved with a contract loaded on the front or back end, but I think Roquan is a high character guy who will play like a beast into this 3rd contract.

Its a good way to get ahead of the ball. Front load his contract a little bit in a year you aren't going to be very good and then you have a quality player with a reasonable cap hit the remaining years.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Depends on what his contract demands are might be better off franchise tagging him for a couple years then trade him

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They have him under contract for another season and then can tag him for a year. Not a position you break the bank for. If Fus is as good as advertised he'll have Quans replacement ready in 2 years. Save the money for positions you need to spend money on.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No reason to front load it.

The cap increases like 5% a year. Backloading it actually works in our favor.

And also, you'd probably just have a player unhappy about his salary # 3 years from now.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You never front load a contract because cap space 1. rolls over and 2. goes up each year.

Plus there will always be non-guaranteed $ at the end of the deal. Simply put, it never happens.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
As others have said, I don't believe in paying 20 million a year to a LB that isn't a pass rusher.