Fangio on the Bearz pass rush

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
"There is a little bit of a question there of depth and depth quality," "But we are confident that the guys we have there, somebody will surface to be the two starters and couple of backups we need."

"We think that Leonard (Floyd), when he's healthy, has proved to be proficient enough."

"Aaron Lynch has had a checkered career to say the least, but there has been some display of talent throughout his career at times. Hopefully, we can get that to be more consistent."

"Sam Acho made some improvements last year in that area."

"We'll see how Isaiah Irving and these young guys come along."

All quotes are from this article:

https://670thescore.radio.com/bernstein-bears-vic-fangio-awesome-truth-teller

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Gotta love Vic. I’m sure Pace would agree. There just weren’t many options available in free agency or the draft. Best case scenario Floyd breaks out and Lynch is rejuvenated. Worst case is the pass rush is terrible.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Gotta love Vic. I’m sure Pace would agree. There just weren’t many options available in free agency or the draft. Best case scenario Floyd breaks out and Lynch is rejuvenated. Worst case is the pass rush is terrible.
Or someone completely unexpected shows something.

I fear that the Bears may tend more towards the worst case scenario.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Bears spelled with a "Z" in the subject line just looks wrong.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well, here's to hoping 'proficient enough' is good enough to getting some pressure on the QB. We will need big years from Goldman, Hicks and NardFlo if we want to come close to making the playoffs.

Washington

Liked Posts:

Me personally, I take Landry instead of Daniels in the 2nd. Don't get me wrong, I like Daniels but I would have taken Landry instead. It'll be fun to watch it all play out.

I don't see Lynch being the answer. Same with Irving. Maybe Fitts can be a solid situational pass rusher for us this year?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Floyd is decent enough on one side.

I think what they have is good enough for now. I think they did the right thing by not reaching for a pass rusher this go around. There will be better options next year.

While you can't always wait til next year on a position, it was the right thing to do in the draft this year.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Me personally, I take Landry instead of Daniels in the 2nd. Don't get me wrong, I like Daniels but I would have taken Landry instead. It'll be fun to watch it all play out.

I don't see Lynch being the answer. Same with Irving. Maybe Fitts can be a solid situational pass rusher for us this year?

Yes I agree, especially with the bolded. Also, if Mick is as right about Fitts as he was about Watson, you won't regret taking Daniels in the 2nd. Ignore any gamblers' fallacies about exceptions and rules. Those are used to fix odds and should not be treated as solid prognostications nor indicators of actual success for Fitts.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
"There is a little bit of a question there of depth and depth quality," "But we are confident that the guys we have there, somebody will surface to be the two starters and couple of backups we need."

"We think that Leonard (Floyd), when he's healthy, has proved to be proficient enough."

"Aaron Lynch has had a checkered career to say the least, but there has been some display of talent throughout his career at times. Hopefully, we can get that to be more consistent."

"Sam Acho made some improvements last year in that area."

"We'll see how Isaiah Irving and these young guys come along."

All quotes are from this article:

https://670thescore.radio.com/bernstein-bears-vic-fangio-awesome-truth-teller

"Vaunted" Vic passing the buck already . . . Schrewd (and why no other NFL team wanted to touch his back-biting behind) . . .

. . . Figure it out, Vic. You're supposed to be a genius . . .,

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
"Vaunted" Vic passing the buck already . . . Schrewd (and why no other NFL team wanted to touch his back-biting behind) . . .

. . . Figure it out, Vic. You're supposed to be a genius . . .,

LOL. How is that passing the buck? Sorry if the Shoopster only likes coaches that only fart rainbows.

oober

Liked Posts:
I think Lynch is going to definitely be rejuvenated. I also think Fitts is going to be better than the 6th round he was drafted in. Irving is going to get some more playing time and will make strides. And even Iggy may get a look on occasion.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you watched the videos I posted the other day that is what Fangio said.