Feeling Lost On Ron Santo Day-Article

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Feeling Lost On Ron Santo Day | NBC Chicago

Ron Santo Day is getting a statue outside of Wrigley Field. Why blogger Sam Fels doesn't care.

Today has been dubbed Ron Santo Day at Wrigley Field. Seemingly the hot new trend among teams honoring their legends, the Cubs will unveil a statue of Santo outside Wrigley at about 5:30 p.m. Then his son will talk about what a wonderful honor this is and how Ronnie would have loved it, and during the broadcast there will be a lot of gushing about his woeful hairpiece and more of the like.

And I won't care at all.

I am one of the few Cubs fans who do not worship at the altar of Ron Santo. I didn't even like him. That's not to say I don't appreciate all he's done for juvenile diabetes research, because I do. But everything else? You can have it.

I'm sure if I had ever met the man, I would tell you he was one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Everyone else says so. And while I've said some pretty horrible stuff about him, borne out of true distaste but poorly exaggerated in desire of shock value, I don't really have any views about the man himself. If he was a great guy, that's wonderful. If he wasn't? Whatever.

But so many things about him irked me.

If you read the rest of the article....this man is a complete dick

Last edited: