Fellow Bears fans: Enjoy this week

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Folks,

Who knows what Sunday has in store for the Bears?

In the meantime, enjoy this week.

Enjoy being a fan of a team that's playing for a postseason spot after being 5-7 just a few weeks ago.

Enjoy the fact that you have a major game coming up between your favorite team and their arch-rival.

Enjoy the fact that the offense is putting up points, and this team is fun to watch.

I don't know if the Bears will win or not. I think they probably won't, but anything's possible.

And I know a 7-seed isn't a Super Bowl and that this team isn't perfect, or even great.

But playing a huge game against your arch-rival with something fairly big on the line---That's what football's all about. That's what being a fan is all about.

If we can't enjoy this week, what can we enjoy?

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Gotta admit it is nice to know they have something to play for after being left for dead a month ago.
2 ways I’d like to see this go

1: they beat the Packers convincingly, not a blowout (yeah right), but not on a freak play, or something controversial. That would send them into the playoffs with a chance to beat anyone.
2: they get completely blown out and humiliated. Would hurt the most short term, but hopefully enough to convince the mccaskeys to blow it all up, fire everyone and get a REAL football guy to replace Teddy.

BEAR DOWN!

RunRunRunPunt

Liked Posts:
My betting model has been pretty spot on this year..especially with the Bears.

This week my model gives out Packers 26,Bears 23

This is without the the 3 points home field advantage.

The Bears can certainly punch the Packers in the mouth....We'll need to run the football old style and we'll need to not let them score first.

Certainly I'm hoping Khalil Mack will show up

RunRunRunPunt

Liked Posts:
For those interested in betting combos....my model's current Super Bowl prediction for participants is New Orleans and Buffalo.This pair has interchanged the last two weeks between Buffalo and Baltimore in the AFC.

Bears in the NFC are slightly better than Rams,Cardinals and any possible participant from the NFC East.

If the Bears were to play the Saints we are talking about a huge huge upset of epic proprtions for the Bears to advance.

Buffalo and New Orleans are the only teams that seem to have a 14 point advantage over the Bears.

Chiefs,Ravens are at 8 points advantage
Seahawks,Bucs at 5

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
It has been fun, very 2018-ish in spurts ( minus defense ). Agree on the winning, but hey anything can happen.

Go Bears.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Folks,

Enjoy being a fan of a team that's playing for a postseason spot after being 5-7 just a few weeks ago.

Enjoy the fact that you have a major game coming up between your favorite team and their arch-rival.

Enjoy the fact that the offense is putting up points, and this team is fun to watch.

I don't know if the Bears will win or not. I think they probably won't, but anything's possible.

And I know a 7-seed isn't a Super Bowl and that this team isn't perfect, or even great.

But playing a huge game against your arch-rival with something fairly big on the line---That's what football's all about. That's what being a fan is all about.

When we were 5-7 I want 1 of 2 things to happen, we lose all the following games putting us in better position to draft the next QB and Nagy would be fired OR we get on a run and make the playoffs. We are one game away from that happening and it has made the season exciting again.

We are no Super bowl contenders, so essentially this week is our SB, because we play the Packers for something on the line...I will enjoy it, thanks you!

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I will enjoy it but quit acting like going from 5-7 to 8-7 is an accomplishment. The Bears f*cked things up so badly after the 5-1 start that things became less enjoyable. As fans, we shouldn’t even be talking about fighting for the playoffs. We should be talking about what seed we will be and who our opponent is.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
After that 6 game skid, I was done with this team and they keep showing up. I'm just excited to be playing in a meaningful Week 17 game after this roller coaster season.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
You're right this should be enjoyed but I just can't shake the feeling that they have essentially no shot, and that the Rams are likely to lose too.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
You're right this should be enjoyed but I just can't shake the feeling that they have essentially no shot, and that the Rams are likely to lose too.
The 49ners showed how to beat the Cardinals with a backup QB. I’m sure the Rams are watching that tape closely. They also have a better defense then the 9ners.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
After that 6 game skid, I was done with this team and they keep showing up. I'm just excited to be playing in a meaningful Week 17 game after this roller coaster season.
Yeah kinda like herpes.. gift that keeps on giving

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Folks,

I would be happy if the Bears made a game out of it.. I don't expect em to win, but a close game would make the loss easier to deal with

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
This season has definitely been a roller coaster of a ride in multiple ways. I am appreciative of where the Bears are after overcoming so many obstacles. Odds say we won’t beat the Packers but we are getting hot at the right time and the team is starting to gel so anything can happen. If this team can take all of the negative shit thrown our way since the double doink game and turn it into positive effort on the field against our oldest division rival this Sunday no team will be able to stop us.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm just enjoying watching the Bears offense score 30+ points over the last 4 weeks. In 2019 and the middle of this season, it was painstakingly boring to see all the three and outs and just ridiculous penalties and blunders while on offense. It is fun to imagine that we have a chance in a shootout scenario and, though now the defense can be frustrating, it feel like actual competition and modern era.

Could be we get blown out again against the Pack this week, but the last four weeks have been fun to watch.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have faith folks. The bears only have a slim to none chance of winning, but I highly doubt it will be a blowout.