ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Any of you watch this full game? I didn't get a chance I am no. anyone have any take aways from this game?

From not only Fields But how Lawrence will do?

I think it's amazing that Justin and Trevor both went to team's in the NFL that are looking for that franchise guy going to be so interesting.

other than that wondering what people thought of this game and the 2 players.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lawrence I feel has the better arm, but I feel like Lawrence forces things when he's going against Fields. They're off-the-field friends and competitors and shared the same QB tutor since they were little kids.

With that being said, it just looked like OSU had better surrounding players than Clemson.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Fields has the leadership traits but most of all his aura...

msadows

Liked Posts:

Thats all you really need to know.

Fields had the most difficult schedule and was the most accurate qb of the bunch.
In this draft class, past 5 yards he's the most accurate passer overall.

He's also the most accurate 4th quarter passer.

Chicago should be very very excited, as they are. This guy is going to make all those layups that mitch missed over the last couple years.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’ve said it long before the bears drafted fields...fields will be the best qb in this years class when it’s all said and done

Varking

Enigma
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Carolina Panthers
  1. Colorado Avalanche
  1. Florida Gators
I’ve watched every snap both of these fellas have ever taken in college ball. I’ve always preferred Fields.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Thats all you really need to know.

Fields had the most difficult schedule and was the most accurate qb of the bunch.
In this draft class, past 5 yards he's the most accurate passer overall.

He's also the most accurate 4th quarter passer.

Chicago should be very very excited, as they are. This guy is going to make all those layups that mitch missed over the last couple years.
You putting money down on league MVP yet or nah

msadows

Liked Posts:
I’ve said it long before the bears drafted fields...fields will be the best qb in this years class when it’s all said and done

Fields also went to the best situation, which should expedite his development drastically. I feel bad for mac jones right now. Pats might have the worst WR situation in the NFL. The Jets/Jags both have worse olines than us and much worse WR options.

Lance might be the only other guy in a good situation from the get go....but he's the rawest.

I feel bad for lawrence, he deserved better than the jags. Whatever, at least he'll get to enjoy nice weather before eventually bailing on them in 5 years.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Fields also went to the best situation, which should expedite his development drastically. I feel bad for mac jones right now. Pats might have the worst WR situation in the NFL. The Jets/Jags both have worse olines than us and much worse WR options.

Lance might be the only other guy in a good situation from the get go....but he's the rawest.

I feel bad for lawrence, he deserved better than the jags. Whatever, at least he'll get to enjoy nice weather before eventually bailing on them in 5 years.

From a pure geographical point of view, Lawrence landed pretty nicely. Somewhat close to home, weather he is used to, no state income tax, etc.

IMO, the bigger question for Jacksonville is how does Urban Meyer work out? I honestly did not understand that hire. Can he take the stress of the NFL? I mean, he basically left his last two college coaching gigs for health reasons related to the stress of running those programs, right? And how will that affect Lawrence and his development if Urban does crash and burn?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

There is so much to cringe in this post I don't even know where to start.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm an Ohio State fan, so I watched all of his games. Justin Fields got better after having subpar games vs. Indiana and Northwestern. His performance against Clemson was legendary. This kid is a fucking baller. I can't wait for this season.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
Assuming they stay healthy and get some support I think Fields and Lawrence will both be head & shoulders above Lance, Wilson, and Jones. Hard to say which would be better, they both have incredible skill and smarts to last a long time.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I wouldn't be as concerned. Belichick has shown an almost assassin-level of cold-bloodedness when releasing Vets whom he feels are at the end of their shelf-life. I was blown away when they got rid of Randy Moss a few years ago.