Fire Pagano,re-install Fangio's "d". Promote Jay Rodgers or Sean Desai

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Rodgers is the Bears DL coach,Desai the Bears Safeties coach. They are the only holdovers from Fangio's defensive coaching unit. The Bears defense under Pagano is not working. Somehow our defensive playmakers have been neutered. Is it Pagano's system or the players not making plays?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
All eyes on bears D and PAGANO next week for sure. i'm moot about pagano right now since Vic got the nod for 2021

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
It’s definitely Paganos scheme. You could claim we are more talented on defense right now. Fangio is one of the best in the league.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It’s definitely Paganos scheme. You could claim we are more talented on defense right now. Fangio is one of the best in the league.

No, its def. not paganos scheme.

Why do people keep saying this?

We also have a lot less talent.

Mack is older and having the worst year of his career pressure wise.

Quinn is non existant, we have no second pass rusher.

Hicks, as much as I love him, dissapears for stints at a time.

Goldman isn't playing, he's one of the best NT's in the game. We don't have a NT.

Danny T is showing his age, he played fantastic in 2018.

Eddie Jackson is one of the worst free safeties in the league this year.

Buster Skrine is the worst slot corner in the league, Callahan was the best slot corner in the league in 2018.

Amos was much better in run support than gipson has been.

We only have two corners who can play against real NFL WR's.

This defense is no where near as talented as 2018. That 2018 defense was 2nd in pressures in the league. This defense isn't even in the top half, and was bottom 5 until the last few weeks.

People like to scapegoat around here. It's a trend evidently. In reality, if you turn your blinders off and pay attention you'd see its a combination of everything.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Goldman is the main reason we can't stop the run.

Fangio wouldn't be able to fix the fact we don't have an NFL nose tackle to play his scheme.....

Not having a real slot corner is the reason why our pass D blows chunks. Not getting a pass rush is why our pass D blows chunks. Once again, fangio wouldn't fix either of those. Those are talent issues.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
As much I hate to say it since he's one of my favorite players in the league. I think it's time for Hicks to go. He's just not the same player after back to back seasons with Injuries. Not really much you can do with Quinn and his contract at this point.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Goldman isn't playing, he's one of the best NT's in the game. We don't have a NT.

Buster Skrine is the worst slot corner in the league, Callahan was the best slot corner in the league in 2018.

This defense is no where near as talented as 2018. That 2018 defense was 2nd in pressures in the league. This defense isn't even in the top half, and was bottom 5 until the last few weeks.

People like to scapegoat around here. It's a trend evidently. In reality, if you turn your blinders off and pay attention you'd see its a combination of everything.

Yes, it is Paganos scheme. Fangio put his players in the best possible position to succeed. They way he disguised everything was very unique in the NFL. So of course all the players you listed above looked better with Fangio. Because he is a much better DC. Paganos scheme is loose and soft, his blitz designs are awful, etc. You make it seem like the players listed above just all lost their talent. Most will say its because it’s a drop off from Fangio to Pagano.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Goldman is the main reason we can't stop the run.

Fangio wouldn't be able to fix the fact we don't have an NFL nose tackle to play his scheme.....

Not having a real slot corner is the reason why our pass D blows chunks. Not getting a pass rush is why our pass D blows chunks. Once again, fangio wouldn't fix either of those. Those are talent issues.
The loss of Goldman is huge but Fangio would adjust better then Pagano. Once again, the way Fangio disguises coverages would benefit Skrine. And he would look better with Fangio over Pagano. And yes Fangio would be able to work with our current D line/OLB much better then Pagano. There is no creativity with Chucky.

Bust

Liked Posts:
The loss of Goldman is huge but Fangio would adjust better then Pagano. Once again, the way Fangio disguises coverages would benefit Skrine. And he would look better with Fangio over Pagano. And yes Fangio would be able to work with our current D line/OLB much better then Pagano. There is no creativity with Chucky.

I prefer my DC's like Fangio sitting up in the booth getting a birds eye view of things and away from the sideline chaos.
Pagano said he prefers the sidelines to be in the fire, wtf

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I prefer my DC's like Fangio sitting up in the booth getting a birds eye view of things and away from the sideline chaos.
Pagano said he prefers the sidelines to be in the fire, wtf
I don’t think that matters. Fangio clearly had a better scheme. Whether if he’s in the booth or on the field, his scheme stays the same.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Fangio puts his safeties in the best possible position to succeed.

Since 2011:

Dashon Goldson -> all-pro
Donte Whitner -> all-pro
Eric Reid -> pro bowl
Eddie Jackson -> all-pro
Justin Simmons -> all-pro
And he got Amos a huge contract

Eddie Jackson is basically Goldson, elite the 2 seasons he was with Fangio and then nothing else. Justin Simmons was a nobody until Fangio arrived to Denver.