Fisher Fired

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow. Coach Fisher of the Titans got fired. Kinda a raw deal if you ask me. They let Young go, only to get rid of them both. Not to mention many teams already signed or resigned coaches. And for the life of me I cant recall those teams now lol. But I would think he'll be hired somewhere for sure. Makes me wonder where, if anywhere, Young might go as well. Be rather interesting if they ended up in the same division..

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought they were trying to work on a new contract and they could not reach one. So they both just parted ways.

Pedro

Liked Posts:
Well his performance in the last two years were far from good and maybe the owner just wanted to start rebuilding the team. With his resume Fisher wont have a problem finding a job, but who will the Titans get?

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to espn, they ended up not agreeing apparently on the teams future and a few other things building over the past month. As they reported, there are no jobs at the moment and most likely Fisher will be off this year. The Titans will begin searching, but again, espn, stated that the Titans 3 other coaches are most likely to nab the job. But dont know the names. O coach, D coach, or LB coach. Still a rather shitty deal.

WearShades

Liked Posts:
Wow. Coach Fisher of the Titans got fired. Kinda a raw deal if you ask me. They let Young go, only to get rid of them both. Not to mention many teams already signed or resigned coaches. And for the life of me I cant recall those teams now lol. But I would think he'll be hired somewhere for sure. Makes me wonder where, if anywhere, Young might go as well. Be rather interesting if they ended up in the same division..

It really wasn't that bad. Fisher is going to be paid the final year of his deal either way, and he wasn't likely to get back into coaching right after he left the Titans anyway. He was either going to coach with Tennessee or take some time off. He'll be back in coaching in a year or two.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
they'll be fine....

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh yeah, both the organization and Fisher will be fine. Just rather surprising considering how they let Young go in favor of Fisher. Especially when Bud?? was so obssessed over Young being in their future. But damn, must be nice to get a year off with a bank account as Fishers lol

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
VY will shine, while Fisher will decline

thedude33

Liked Posts:
Fisher has his mustache, which I believe gives him magical power. Thus, he cannot be stopped unless opposed by superior magic. What I'm trying to say is, Lovie needs to grow a 'stache. I suggest a handlebar for 'tis foil to Fisher's soup strainer.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure VY is still on TN's roster...

And, Fisher would look good as our LBs coach ;)

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Couldve sworn they let VY go. Unless they said it, but didnt actually do it. I recall VY being released in favor of Fisher. If they didnt, that makes it much more interesting...

WearShades

Liked Posts:
Couldve sworn they let VY go. Unless they said it, but didnt actually do it. I recall VY being released in favor of Fisher. If they didnt, that makes it much more interesting...

They said they will release him, however no team is making those kind of moves until after the new CBA is determined.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
They said they will release him, however no team is making those kind of moves until after the new CBA is determined.
Makes sense. Though it sure sounds like he's gone. But with Fisher out, guess theres still a strong possibility he can stay as a Titan.

WearShades

Liked Posts:
Makes sense. Though it sure sounds like he's gone. But with Fisher out, guess theres still a strong possibility he can stay as a Titan.

If the next coach decided they wanted him there'd be a decent chance they keep him. However, it's likely the new coach is going to be an internal promotion, so Young is still very likely to be cut later on.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:

Just to clarify, The Titans still plan to trade or Cut Vince Young, but they can't do anything until at least Feb. 7 and probably later.

Yet with Fisher’s departure now official, Titans General Manager Mike Reinfeldt said he plans to stick with the previously announced intention regarding Young: trade him or cut him.
The Titans can’t cut Young until Feb. 7, but there’s no guarantee they would snip the cord right away.
Titans still plan to trade or release Vince Young | The Tennessean | tennessean.com

The Titans have decided to part ways with Vince Young, but trading for another quarterback is not an option right now, and might not be for a while.
The Titans can’t trade Young unless the owners and players agree to a new CBA before March 3. The start of the new league year is March 4, but if there’s no new CBA in place, that’s the day the owners have planned to lock out the players.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110105/SPORTS01/110105083/Tennessee-Titans-can-t-trade-Vince-Young-anytime-soon

So the Titans can't do anything until Feb. 7 and then only if a new CBA is reached by then. If there is no CBA in effect when the new season starts on March 4, Nobody can trade players or sign FA's. Teams can only trade draft picks!

:shrug:

Last edited:

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just to clarify, The Titans still plan to trade or Cut Vince Young, but they can't do anything until at least Feb. 7 and probably later. So the Titans can't do anything until Feb. 7 and then only if a new CBA is reached by then. If there is no CBA in effect when the new season starts on March 4, Nobody can trade players or sign FA's. Teams can only trade draft picks! :shrug:
Damn. They better get their shit together lol. I would think they'd reach an agreement..

fade

Liked Posts:
Quick, add him as the 5th head coach on our team!

JK, Gill Byrd is a beast.