Fitzgerald: Cutler injury 'like your knee's in space'

fade

Liked Posts:
Fitzgerald: Cutler injury 'like your knee's in space' - Chicago Breaking Sports

Arizona Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald, who missed time after spraining an MCL in his right knee during the preseason, can relate to what Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler experienced while trying to play with the injury in the NFC Championship Game.

"It was not very painful, but you just don't have any mobility," Fitzgerald said Thursday on "The Boers & Bernstein Show" on WSCR-AM 670. "When you're stopping and you're starting you feel like your knee's in space. There's no resistance when you're stopping, it feels so loose ... I couldn't plant, I couldn't cut. Those things that are required for my position, I just couldn't do."
Asked whether a player can be effective with an MCL injury, Fitzgerald said, "No, I know for a fact that you can't play as effective as you normally would. I can understand and sympathize (with) Jay with the way he was feeling. If you're not playing at your best, you're not usually giving your team the best option."

Regarding the heat that Cutler has taken from fellow players and the media, Fitzgerald said, "That's part of what comes with the game: If you're playing the quarterback position you're always going to be scrutinized.

"I don't know him that well, but I've always been a fan of his. A guy that's able to battle through diabetes, something that's such a debilitating disease, he's been able to fight through that and overcome that, that speaks volumes for his toughness. ... So I have a tremendous amount of respect for the guy."

More Cutler support!

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fritz likes Cutler, so a trade? Nah IDK, good to hear this.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
yet the media and America still rips Cutler..

WearShades

Liked Posts:

To be fair it wasn't really the media that was ripping Cutler for not playing, it was the players and the media just reported it. For the most part I felt the media was decidedly neutral leaning towards supporting Cutler.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the most part I felt the media was decidedly neutral leaning towards supporting Cutler.

Being in the Chicago area you probably don't hear a lot of ESPN Radio, Fox Sports Radio, or Sporting News Radio's nationally syndicated programming, because the Score and WMVP have local shows most of the day. The Networks continued to criticize Cutler, even after they knew he had grade 2 MCL sprain and wanted to stay in but was taken out of the game by the doctors and coaches.

Eventually they came around to "well, maybe he was too hurt to play. Only he knows that for sure."

But they continued to criticize him for his "attitude," what they perceive as him not "caring" what happened after he left the game. They continued to say he doesn't show enough emotion to be a good leader.

They have their story and they are sticking to it. Don't try to confuse them with the facts.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
NFL Network and ESPN have ripped Cutler.

WearShades

Liked Posts:
Being in the Chicago area you probably don't hear a lot of ESPN Radio, Fox Sports Radio, or Sporting News Radio's nationally syndicated programming, because the Score and WMVP have local shows most of the day. The Networks continued to criticize Cutler, even after they knew he had grade 2 MCL sprain and wanted to stay in but was taken out of the game by the doctors and coaches.

Eventually they came around to "well, maybe he was too hurt to play. Only he knows that for sure."

But they continued to criticize him for his "attitude," what they perceive as him not "caring" what happened after he left the game. They continued to say he doesn't show enough emotion to be a good leader.

They have their story and they are sticking to it. Don't try to confuse them with the facts.

Some have, but most haven't. This was mostly from the players.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
They say a picture is worth a thousand words... And for ESPN, perhaps more. Factual proof? Easy with a simple pic... :dilfer:

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
To be fair it wasn't really the media that was ripping Cutler for not playing, it was the players and the media just reported it. For the most part I felt the media was decidedly neutral leaning towards supporting Cutler.

And to be totally fair this all falls back on Lovie and the Bears. Had they informed the media that already hates Culter what happen to Cutler and why de wasn't playing there might have gone totally different. But the just left them quessing and you can we how well that went for Cutler.

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:

for the money only... they're fucking scum, they wouldn't even be able to write their garbage with a sprained mcl

I know, I was shocked when i saw Prime actually going at it.. how can you possibly comment on someone's injury anyway? after hearing his BS I just felt like busting both his kneecaps and make him do his dance, damn fucking clown

E: the new site graphics are great

Last edited: