Five Things Bears Must Improve This Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearsbacker

Liked Posts:
Hey I'm Jake from Bearsbacker.com,

I joined the Chicitysports forum today. I will be posting my articles on here on a regular basis.

Check out my newest article here.

Thanks

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Nothing too ground breaking here.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey I'm Jake from Bearsbacker.com,

I joined the Chicitysports forum today. I will be posting my articles on here on a regular basis.

Check out my newest article here.

Thanks

Jake Perper, right?

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Nothing too ground breaking here.

lol "things that were bad last season have to be better!" That's Pulitzer Prize type shit, my friend, you bite your tongue.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very solid article Jake. Enjoyed reading it.

Agreed about being alot better on 3rd downs.

Too many big plays giving up.

bearsbacker

Liked Posts:
really you like my work? I really am passionate about the Bears.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I looked over it and it's pretty good stuff I think... Minus that Ditka fact. Come on if someone really doesn't know Ditka had to put it up because of his knee's that's a bad Bears fan.

Doug Bufone always said he was shocked he was still playing because it's like his bones were rubbing together because of his ligaments.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Mistake on my part but Dutkus is what I meant, I don't know why I wrote Ditka just kinda came out.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
lol "things that were bad last season have to be better!" That's Pulitzer Prize type shit, my friend, you bite your tongue.

I think if the Bears score more points than their opponents, they'll be fine next season.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Mistake on my part but Dutkus is what I meant, I don't know why I wrote Ditka just kinda came out.

I'm sorry, I'm not all that interested in slow-footed, bad, white guys a la Butkus and Buffoon. Does that make me a bad Bears fan?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry, I'm not all that interested in slow-footed, bad, white guys a la Butkus and Buffoon. Does that make me a bad Bears fan?

I was going to say Bears historian but couldn't find a word that was a bit between historian or fan. If you don't care about anything in history of the sport obviously no... but you do mayhaps like Terry Boers so that I cannot give a true answer. I don't get being a fan of a team like the Bears and not caring of it's player history, I mean that in the sense of being a fan of the Cowboys or Steelers is different because, they've had consistent success to earn recent fan faire which would lead to uncaring.

Exactly what grounds are they "bad" the most generic of all terms. At football in their day, they were not bad.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I don't get being a fan of a team like the Bears and not caring of it's player history, I mean that in the sense of being a fan of the Cowboys or Steelers is different because, they've had consistent success to earn recent fan faire which would lead to uncaring.
I am 28 years old. I was 3 years old when the Bears won the Super Bowl. I can't remember a single time in which I saw Walter Payton carry the ball other than it being a video tape or DVD. For the majority of my lifetime, the Bears have been mired in mediocrity.

Even still, I am a fan.......but I don't give a shit about how tough Dick Butkus was. Or how great Gayle Sayers was. It means nothing to me as a 28 year old Bears fan who wants this team to succeed.

I'm sorry, but this regaling of the past greats that wore the Bears jersey is tiresome to me. Even Payton for the most part. Sure, he was probably the best player ever in the NFL. I just don't remember him.

I'd rather see the Bears get the next greatest player in the NFL than try to hold onto something in the past.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Even more, compare it to what happened last night. From the age of 9-16 I saw 6 Bulls championships. Even had the Bulls landed Lebron, I probably will never witness my team (the Bulls have always been, and probably always will be my #1) doing that again in my lifetime. But I bet, if Lebron had signed, my niece who was born in 2005 would think Lebron is the greatest player to have ever played.

No matter how many stories I told her about MJ, she would never change her mind. Hell, she might be hoping the Bulls sign the next MJ (Kobe for the time being). Just like I was when my father and uncles were telling me the stories about Butkus, and Sayers, and Ditka, and Payton.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I'm 23. But I was a borderline almost history major etymologist. Some people just chose to see the world differently. That's why I said I was looking for another word but just gave up.

What things were have been connecting reasons to what they become and grow into. No doubt the Mckasky's TRY to envision their hiring of coaches or and GM/presidents in modes of business and ways that they feel represent the team and it's history. Before Martz this year the last reputable offensive coach they hired was Ditka, and he was an ex fan loved star player.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm 23. But I was a borderline almost history major etymologist. Some people just chose to see the world differently. That's why I said I was looking for another word but just gave up.
I have a B.A. in History. Big 'Effing Deal
What things were have been connecting reasons to what they become and grow into. No doubt the Mckasky's TRY to envision their hiring of coaches or and GM/presidents in modes of business and ways that they feel represent the team and it's history. Before Martz this year the last reputable offensive coach they hired was Ditka, and he was an ex fan loved star player.
I think the McCaskey's, more than any other franchise owners in sports, rely too much on their team's past in the way they dictate hiring in order to please meatball fans. That is why Lovie Smith said in his initial press conference that the first goal was to beat the Packers.

Fuck that shit. I don't care if the Bears lose both games to the Packers as long as they go 14-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.