Football outsiders has bears 6th overall off #9 def #13 and ST #19 this week

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
DVOA ? Readers digest definition please.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
DVOA ? Readers digest definition please.

Basically, they compare every play that occurs vs the average play for the league. For example, if it's 3rd and 4 and you run the ball they compare that to every other play that was a run on 3rd and 4 for every team and judge how much better your out come was vs the average. Doing that allows you to come up with how much better than average a team is.

That's the short version. Here's a much more lengthy version http://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/methods#dvoa

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Hard to believe there's been 13 ST's ranked worse than ours. I wonder where that ranking would be if we took Robbie Gould out of the equation.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Hard to believe there's been 13 ST's ranked worse than ours. I wonder where that ranking would be if we took Robbie Gould out of the equation.

Yeah I'd say Gould probably accounts for most of the positive there with his excellent FG kicking(as well as PATs)

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Side by side with the Latin School of Chicago football juggernaut.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It hurts to see the Defensive and STs rankings of the CowGirls and Chiefs with Marinelli and Toub respectively.
Big changes in those two teams................ Too bad we can't get coaches as competent for our D and STs.