HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its no secret people foam at the mouth at anything PFF related.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I actually have a Bears fan on Twitter telling me not only to doubt Trubisky but to doubt this defense, "we only have Mack and bit players" not we added Mack and Smith to a top 10 defense. Thinks "because Bears" beats what's actually happening. Greatness is forming.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I actually have a Bears fan on Twitter telling me not only to doubt Trubisky but to doubt this defense, "we only have Mack and bit players" not we added Mack and Smith to a top 10 defense. Thinks "because Bears" beats what's actually happening. Greatness is forming.

On a serious note. Just let it slide off your back man. You have to enjoy the ride or else there really is no point to being a fan. As much as I argue with people here I ultimately don't let any of it affect how much I enjoy the success the team is having.

Reactions: Myk

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
Good PFF stats. Thanks.

On a related note, Football Outsiders has the Bears ranked #2 in total DVOA and #1 in Defense by a wide margin.
They also suggest we're the third most likely team to make the Playoffs and the fourth most likely to win the Super Bowl.
I'm not sure I'm fully on board with that last one, but it's nice to see.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Its no secret people foam at the mouth at anything PFF related.

I mean, PFF is Special person, Been proven time and time again.

This doesnt take away from the bears 3-1 and Trubiskys performance, so theres no need to foam at the mouth over a messageboard about it.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never underestimate the power of a disco ball.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good PFF stats. Thanks.

On a related note, Football Outsiders has the Bears ranked #2 in total DVOA and #1 in Defense by a wide margin.
They also suggest we're the third most likely team to make the Playoffs and the fourth most likely to win the Super Bowl.
I'm not sure I'm fully on board with that last one, but it's nice to see.

I like Football Outsiders' metrics as something else to look at but a lot of that is projecting that the defense will keep this up. While it can be possible for them to maintain elite production, so much of that is predicated on staying healthy. Imagine for instance losing Kyle Fuller, Danny Trevethan or Khalil Mack to injury. That sort of loss would make a real dent in the defense. Another thing that makes it hard to project out like that is the fact the variance in quality of NFL opponents can put a serious dent into those numbers once we face elite offenses.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
I like Football Outsiders' metrics as something else to look at but a lot of that is projecting that the defense will keep this up. While it can be possible for them to maintain elite production, so much of that is predicated on staying healthy. Imagine for instance losing Kyle Fuller, Danny Trevethan or Khalil Mack to injury. That sort of loss would make a real dent in the defense. Another thing that makes it hard to project out like that is the fact the variance in quality of NFL opponents can put a serious dent into those numbers once we face elite offenses.

All true, however a couple things to consider.

1. What you said about injuries holds true for just about every team and in particular, those who have injuries to high impact players.

And to be honest, I really think our defense has even more potential than we've shown so far. Maybe not in terms of the raw eye popping stats, but just in solid play.

2. While the variance will change as the season goes along and FO numbers always change accordingly, we really don't face many of those "elite" offenses this year. The clear exception being the game against the Rams. But even the Patriots and Vikings offenses haven't looked particularly good so far and the Packers and Bucs offenses so far are better than either of them, and we've already faced them.
On the FO offensive side, we still face 6 games against teams below us, 2 against the Vikings who are just one spot above us, the Dolphins, Packers again, and Patriots, all of which are not in the top 10 at this point.

Some of them are bound to have good games and get things going ... in particular the Patriots and Vikings will likely pick it up some. But I don't think we've going to have to face many more offensively elite teams this year.

I guess we'll see how it all turns out.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
On a serious note. Just let it slide off your back man. You have to enjoy the ride or else there really is no point to being a fan. As much as I argue with people here I ultimately don't let any of it affect how much I enjoy the success the team is having.

It's more of a facepalm thing about Bears fans. It's not just on CCS.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's more of a facepalm thing about Bears fans. It's not just on CCS.

Oh dude, I avoid the comment section of YouTube or Twitter for that matter. If you thought you can find dumb readily on CCS, the rest of the internet will prove to you we have a gaggle of Rhodes scholars here by comparison.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Oh dude, I avoid the comment section of YouTube or Twitter for that matter. If you thought you can find dumb readily on CCS, the rest of the internet will prove to you we have a gaggle of Rhodes scholars here by comparison.

I rarely seek out comments on football there except with people I already know and players. I mainly use it for disease support. This is the employee of a guy with Crohn's. I just happened to find out she's a Bears fan. He (Browns fan) bad mouths Trubisky so she was giving him crap every time Bears scored.
We're already beyond his season win prediction for the Bears (which I gave him crap about, we'd do better than last year just with defense playing). Meanwhile the Browns are still the Browns.