Forget about Slater

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Climbing up fast, expecting to be gone by #15 at the latest, so if he's our guy, most likely will need to trade up.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I already told you lance is our guy, and we're giving up the farm to get him

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:

this is exactly what most people fear about retaining a GM and HC on the hot seat. A mortgage to save jobs that has a high probability to fail, which adds another 3-4 years of setback to the teams future.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I would be ok with it. Not the farm. But I like his upside.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
this is exactly what most people fear about retaining a GM and HC on the hot seat. A mortgage to save jobs that has a high probability to fail, which adds another 3-4 years of setback to the teams future.

but thats why it won't happen because thats not what would save their jobs . They will look to have another sold draft not sell out on one player that everyone(fans and media) would focus all of their attention on speculating if hes the one to save their jobs ?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Why would you want to trade up for a quarterback you don’t need to trade up for?
I highly doubt any quarterback we draft is going to help this team much anyways.
Not withe this coaching staff

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
Why would you want to trade up for a quarterback you don’t need to trade up for?
I highly doubt any quarterback we draft is going to help this team much anyways.

Have you met matt nagy?

I agree with your second statement. If that qb starts this year, nagy will probably damage him more than groom him.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Have you met matt nagy?

I agree with your second statement. If that qb starts this year, nagy will probably damage him more than groom him.
There will be plenty of qbs available for just signing here soon. Pace doesn’t need to waste our draft cap for a quarterback that will have 2 offensive coordinators in 2 years.

Last edited:

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
You are thinking like a fan who is looking long-term. They are thinking like guys who need an excuse to stick around after next season.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
There will be placenta of qbs available for just signing here soon. Pace doesn’t need to waste our draft cap for a quarterback that will have 2 offensive coordinators in 2 years.

That could be the birth of something special