Former Bears QB coach thinks Jay Cutler should sign with the Packers

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Jay-Cutler-Packers-suggestion-121867976/

Former NFL head coach Dave Wannstedt joined the McNeil & Parkins Show on 670 The Score on Friday in Chicago and had an interesting idea for the Packers in terms of their backup.

"How can you have any confidence that Aaron Rodgers doesn't play that the backup can come in and win for you," Wannstedt said. "They should sign Jay Cutler. I'm serious. They have to have someone there in case something happens."

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ehhhh, maybe.

I'm not even sure Cutler would want to play anymore. He seems to be happier playing a bit part in his wife's stupid TV show than he does actually playing what was supposed to be his dream job.

As for playing style, ability, he probably could be an adequate backup in Green Bay. Rodger's and Cutler's playing styles are similar (not I said similar styles, not talent) so there wouldn't have to be a major change in playcalling with the two. When coached right Cutler is not a bad QB, as long as you keep a leash on his tendencies to throw the ball when good sense says no.

I don't see it happening though. As I said before I think Cutler is done with football. He has made his money and is happy goofing around with no real responsibility. I can't see him giving that up. He just doesn't care about the game enough to come back.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Heard the interview, Cutler was just an example. He thought Kizer looked that horrible, that he was blown away the Packers would put it all on the line for him, knowing how fragile Rodgers seems to keep getting.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dave Wannstedt coached a division winning team once in eleven years... who cares what he thinks. Dude sucked.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Dave Wannstedt coached a division winning team once in eleven years... who cares what he thinks. Dude sucked.

But he has a mustache that really fits his face well. I think we should listen to him.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I have not kept up with Cutler. So he played deretired last year and Fox took the TV deal off the table?

I was just kind of surprised because Greg Olsen was supposed to want to do TV too and he is playing again.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Cutler works for his wife now.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Heard the interview, Cutler was just an example. He thought Kizer looked that horrible, that he was blown away the Packers would put it all on the line for him, knowing how fragile Rodgers seems to keep getting.

Other than the disaster play, Kizer didn't look that bad.