Forte Feels Disrespected v2015-2.1

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think he sounds quite level headed here. On the one hand, he's upset he's invested so much and fans are okay to see him go. On the other, he knows its the nature of the business

I agree. There also is nothing wrong with a guy wanting to play for more money. He's been a top three back his entire career with the Bears yet has been marginalized by a whole lot of fans including many on this board. Another example of a Bears player who many couldn't wait to get out of town was Thomas Jones. THe same thing happened to him when they brought the asshole Benson into town.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Langford for two games, why can't you enjoy it?

I like Langford a lot, as I already said earlier. I would still prefer to re-sign to Forte if he wants to stay. Having two good backs who can carve out significant chunks of yardage would be excellent for the team.

As for my commentary on Cutler/Forte, I'm objective about both. I have been more complimentary of Forte and preferred him as a player because he's been better at his position than Cutler has his. It's not rocket surgery.

Last edited:

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love a few years of a Langford/Forte backfield. You can split either one out wide and run anything having both of them on the field.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
His FA market may be overstated. We're not the only team that realizes his situation. He's likely got 2-3 solid years left in the tank but not at an elite level and that's likely how everyone sees it.

He won't get a monster contract, so in theory the Bears may keep him. However all you need is one douche bag GM to overpay...

1d43a0b7c7a14b1445c255524aa76541802923058.gif

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Demarco Murray only got 17 million guaranteed IIRC. He's only 27 and was coming off a monster year. With close to 70 million in cap space we can't carve out 12-15 million in guaranteed to keep Forte another 2-3 years?

Bears can make this happen if they want to.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gee Whiz. Didnt Forte mention something about New Orleans and Louisiana years ago when we initially signed him ?
I'm all aboard him remaining with the BEARs if he actually wants to give the team a "discount" of a couple million over the next few years. I would have been onboard that same train for Hester and Peanut.
Maybe these BEAR greats need to fire their fuckin agents so that the CAN give their hometeam a discount. The friggin discount would come from the % they pay their agents

Id luv nothing more than to see BOTH Forte and Langford thrive along with Bennett and Miller with Jeffrey 5 OL + Cuttie

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Since when did you start caring about YPC?

When Forte's was better than his replacement's. What was Langford's YPC before the runs at the end of the game anyways?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
When Forte's was better than his replacement's. What was Langford's YPC before the runs at the end of the game anyways?

To be fair you need to count all of Langford's runs if you are count all of Forte's...........

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To be fair you need to count all of Langford's runs if you are count all of Forte's...........

Yeah I know, I am not trolling here. I was curious what his YPC was during the game before the obvious runs at the end.