Free Agency news tracker

msadows

Liked Posts:
JK guys the big move Pace is waiting on is obviously Leveon Bell.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
https://twitter.com/chiruxinidp/status/1105141239022866432?s=21

Cap on ESPN Chicago just said the #Bears are looking to kick the tires on Justin Houston. Love the idea, but not sure how they make those numbers work. Houston won’t make that $15+ million, but he will likely command too much money. Thoughts? #DaBears

@clubdubbearsblg

The money just does not work. They would have 53 million dollars at OLB in 2020.
My no one saw it coming Pace move: Sign Houston, trade Floyd for a 2nd rd pick draft #1 RB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
My no one saw it coming Pace move: Sign Houston, trade Floyd for a 2nd rd pick draft #1 RB.

Would still need a 3rd OLB and Houston has a injury history so we'd need a good one.....J.Houston and T.Suggs?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought the Amendola signing was pretty bad for the Lions. don't get it.

At 4.5 mil he is just a placeholder, could be allocated to depth should the Lions pick up another WR in FA, or the draft @8 (which I doubt, unless they manage to sign an edge and a CB)

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Trading Leonard Floyd this year would cost us 2.5m

Doubt we give up 2.5m salary cap for no reason

Yeah if that's true then we can't afford losing any money even $2.5 mil. Trading J.Howard would give us $2 mil though right?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Pat Leonard
@PLeonardNYDN
Source: #Giants have been in contact with Cardinals free agent OLB Deone Bucannon, 26, who started 41 games in the three seasons that James Bettcher, now Giants DC, ran Arizona's defense.
12:09 PM - 11 Mar 2019

msadows

Liked Posts:
Would still need a 3rd OLB and Houston has a injury history so we'd need a good one.....J.Houston and T.Suggs?

So spend all of our cap room on pass rushers when we already basically led the league in sacks. Brilliant.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pat Leonard
@PLeonardNYDN
Source: #Giants have been in contact with Cardinals free agent OLB Deone Bucannon, 26, who started 41 games in the three seasons that James Bettcher, now Giants DC, ran Arizona's defense.
12:09 PM - 11 Mar 2019

Was Bettcher the one that converted him from safety to LBer or was that before Bettcher?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Well to be honest, we got a bunch of sacks from ILBers and CBs...

Just pointing out that Floyd wasn't really an issue last year and we'd be paying him to get rid of him. Pace doesn't like to get rid of his first rounders as evidenced by KW.

If we sign Houston it's for depth, he's 30 years old and been a shadow of his former self.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So spend all of our cap room on pass rushers when we already basically led the league in sacks. Brilliant.

Calm down fool, i was just replying to ieuydoc or whatever the hell his name is. Slow your roll and not all our sacks came from our OLB's smart guy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Just pointing out that Floyd wasn't really an issue last year and we'd be paying him to get rid of him. Pace doesn't like to get rid of his first rounders as evidenced by KW.

If we sign Houston it's for depth, he's 30 years old and been a shadow of his former self.

If you paid attention Fangio had Floyd in coverage quite a bit and we're not sure how Pagano would use him and Floyd played very well the last 6-7 games of the year. Why would he cut KW who was already guaranteed all his money anyway when we could try the kid out with nagy to see if he could produce in the Nagy offense?

TL1961

Liked Posts:

You don't think there's anyone better than what we have at every position?

All I read last year was knuckleheads ripping on Floyd every week. Not we can't do better.

Fans are fickle.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You don't think there's anyone better than what we have at every position?

All I read last year was knuckleheads ripping on Floyd every week. Not we can't do better.

Fans are fickle.

No, I wasn't the guy who was saying that. Floyd played a lot better as the season went on.

I'm not saying dont add an upgrade for depth. We have a need at 3rd pass rusher, since Aaron Lynch is gone. Sign houston, thats fine, but signing houston and then trading floyd makes zero sense.