Free Agency news tracker

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
He was a douche before that too.

How many suspensions has he served already?

Pass.

I would never pay Bell what he is asking. Not only can the Bears not afford him, they cannot afford to have people like that in the locker room. Ingram on the other hand might be an interesting option if you think he still has the legs for a few more years and is a scheme fit. Personally I think Ingram is a little too similar to Howard and the Bears would be better served to just keep Howard and figure out how to use him a little better for one more season then move on.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Greg Gabriel
@greggabe
Already been told a few teams are looking at Washington/Collins deal as nuts
2:37 PM - 11 Mar 2019

Greg needed "a few teams" to tell him, for him to realize that deal was nuts. LOL. people should unfollow him on twitter immediately for admitting it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What the fuck are you even talking about.

This is the FA thread and you are over here talking about yourself as per usual. Stay on topic or shut the fuck up already. People are sick of your trash.

Did anyone hear that? Sounded like a bunch of stupid to me.....oh it's just Jurk. Ok back to football now that Jurk is done trying to derail this thread.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I would never pay Bell what he is asking. Not only can the Bears not afford him, they cannot afford to have people like that in the locker room. Ingram on the other hand might be an interesting option if you think he still has the legs for a few more years and is a scheme fit. Personally I think Ingram is a little too similar to Howard and the Bears would be better served to just keep Howard and figure out how to use him a little better for one more season then move on.

Is that you Vu? Hahahaha

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

You mean guys like Mack who sat because they wanted a new deal? The fact is Bell paid his dues to the Steelers and they wanted to fuck him. Unlike Mack who was still under contract, Bell was a FA they tried to Franchise Tag a second time.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The Patriots have earned 2 third round comp picks next season.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread would be much more informative if just bears26 posted here.
:smug2:

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Robinson alone is 13 million in cap savings on top of 33 million in cap space albeit with more guys to resign. Then you have Prince and Long who are 8 mil a piece in savings.

Cut Robinson and then you have to pay another WR to do his job $17M... brilliant.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

He seemed fine in Pitt until he got sick of being franchise tagged with no long-term deal. I'd rather have Bell than Ingram. The fact that this conversation is taking place today, signifies that I'm good having Pace as our GM. He shoots big and takes risks. I like that, can't play it safe all the time, those guys get canned.

As others have posted, need to look at 2020/21 to see what could come off the books to clear cap and it appears there are some contracts to dump moving forward. Couple that with maybe 2 comp picks from Amos/Callahan, along with the high 2nd rd pick from the Mack trade and Pace will have potentially 2-3 picks to add talent in the 2020 draft. Let's not forget potentially adding a pick for Howard in the 2019 draft too. That is still hanging out there as well.

It's an interesting week already.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The Patriots have earned 2 third round comp picks next season.

Unless they make some big money signings in free agency which they most likely won't but you never know.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I would love that.

Kick return, offensive gimmick stuff, and adds a ton of speed.

I would only like it if he was REALLY cheap. He is a one trick pony.... Its a decent trick, but it is still just one trick.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Robinson alone is 13 million in cap savings on top of 33 million in cap space albeit with more guys to resign. Then you have Prince and Long who are 8 mil a piece in savings.

They can do it, but they won't have that much money tied up in skill position players for more than 2019 where the money is all guaranteed, they will have to shift resources.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Vikings declined Andrew Sendejo's 2019 option, making him a free agent.
The move saves Minnesota $5.5 million against the cap. Sendejo is a quality safety, but the Vikings do not need him after Anthony Harris emerged last season. Sendejo is entering a deep safety market, but he should be able to find a new home relatively quickly.

Does Sendejo stack up above or below Amos on the safety list?

If enough big talents lands in FA there still may be a sliver of hope that Amos makes it back to the Bears reasonably.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cut Robinson and then you have to pay another WR to do his job $17M... brilliant.

They would likely draft someone to replace him.

I think it is more likely that Gabriel and Burton get replaced in some order and fashion. My guess is Gabriel will see a massive reduction in targets this year alone.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

What? What did bell do wrong? He wants to get paid

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears should stay in the bunker and hope that Amos and Callahan get 10 million + or that they are still there in the morning. This is insane money being thrown around by bad teams.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does Sendejo stack up above or below Amos on the safety list?

If enough big talents lands in FA there still may be a sliver of hope that Amos makes it back to the Bears reasonably.

The safety you want to sign long-term is on the Bears roster (Jackson) and should be priority to ensure you can in the future, not Amos. If they overpay Amos, I won't be happy about that. I think you can sign a solid enough safety to fill the Amos roll in June or draft a guy to fill that roll. Keep paying that defensive position on the rookie contract, not by resigning Amos.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Bears should stay in the bunker and hope that Amos and Callahan get 10 million + or that they are still there in the morning. This is insane money being thrown around by bad teams.

Free agency baby! Remember when we signed Jared Allen?