Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I like young FA signings, these guys are still developing and have multiple years of good production left. It allows you to actually be flexible in the draft, instead of targeting 1 side of the ball or particular positions.

I really hope that we close out FA with the ability to truly go BPA in the draft. I think that is the ultimate goal.

We are getting closer, but we still have some defined needs at this point. I am definitely enjoying watch the age of this team plummet.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sports Mockery, not sure about validity, is saying the meeting with Hicks was cancelled today.

Mitchapalooza

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 1m1 minute ago
FWIW: Nothing I have heard tells me Akiem Hicks has cancelled his visit to Chicago today. That's all I can really say on that. #Bears

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I didn't realize Freeman was 30, but with only 5 years in the league. How does that happen? There has to be more to his story, not much wear and tear on a 30 year old body, but how did he get a late start?

Bears27

Liked Posts:
I think he actually credited the person SM credited. Sportsmockery hears one little thing then says it's factual. Sites terrible.

No he credited SportsMockery and even defended them.

Mitchapalooza

No he credited SportsMockery and even defended them.

oh my bad then.

Either way SportsMockery blows. 90% of their stuff is rumors that they turn into "facts"

Like Bennett was in Seattle for something non football related and SM said that bears and seahawks were working on a deal.

Bears27

Liked Posts:
Oh yea, it's tabloid-level garbage, but the sun shines on a dog's ass every once in a while.
If the meeting with Hicks is cancelled have to wonder what the Bears are thinking.

Maybe they have a trade in the works?

Mitchapalooza

Oh yea, it's tabloid-level garbage, but the sun shines on a dog's ass every once in a while.
If the meeting with Hicks is cancelled have to wonder what the Bears are thinking.

Aaron said it's not cancelled, so I'll trust him for now. No clue.

AussieBear

yeah.. come off the farm for wilkerson.... eh, one can dream

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
He didn't really call them credible in general, he just said they had whatever news before Schefter

ob1force

Liked Posts:
I didn't realize Freeman was 30, but with only 5 years in the league. How does that happen? There has to be more to his story, not much wear and tear on a 30 year old body, but how did he get a late start?

I believe he went to a small school, went undrafted and took the CFL route. Then eventually caught on with the Colts later.

Mitchapalooza

‏@BearsBacker
I was told from a source that Akiem Hicks was working on a deal with the #Bears yesterday and that it is close to being done.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
oh my bad then.

Either way SportsMockery blows. 90% of their stuff is rumors that they turn into "facts"

Like Bennett was in Seattle for something non football related and SM said that bears and seahawks were working on a deal.

But they did call it with the Kane case some 2 months prior to anyone else

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

CFL 09-11

I actually missed playing against him by 1 year.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
‏@BearsBacker
I was told from a source that Akiem Hicks was working on a deal with the #Bears yesterday and that it is close to being done.

Wasn't he meeting them today?? Or were they working on parameters yesterday?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Wasn't he meeting them today?? Or were they working on parameters yesterday?

Well I'm sure he wasn't going to fly into Chicago to visit if he didn't at least know they were close to what he wanted prior.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
People with fake Twitter accounts deserve to catch an STD.

I disagree. We've moved into a world where we want all info immediately within 140 characters. All large news organizations have gutted their journalism departments because following a proven process to get the story right gets less attention then being the first to post something.

Fake posters reminds us that we've failed in verifying the story before it's hitting the media.