Free agents see the Bears as attractive opportunity?

BOOGIEMAN

Liked Posts:
Do any of you think that FA players see the Bears as a good opportunity? I'm assuming this has an effect on players signing with us, eh?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Bears have never had an issue getting free agents. This ain't bball.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On the offensive ball I'd say people would be excited to be in this young evolving offense.

On defense I could see someone who has had a hard time getting a starting job, see the bears defense as a place they could crack the starting lineup because of how bad they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

BeerMe

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would think the Bears look pretty attractive.

Even a mediocre defense should make this team way better next year.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
It's the Bears, most popular franchise in the NFL.

BOOGIEMAN

Liked Posts:
Bears have never had an issue getting free agents. This ain't bball.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

I guess what I'm really asking is do FA players see the Bears as a team with the arrow pointing up as I see them? A team that a quality player can come in and help us achieve the goal successfully? Especially on defense?

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
I guess what I'm really asking is do FA players see the Bears as a team with the arrow pointing up as I see them? A team that a quality player can come in and help us achieve the goal successfully? Especially on defense?

If they are smart or have a smart agent yes they will see the bears as a quality opportunity. Of course the whole off season acquisition thing will depend a lot on who is he DC.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Defensively is where the best opportunities lie. There will be plenty of positions available for someone looking to make a name for themselves. As others have said, this is a team that only needs a mediocre defense to become a SB contender. There are openings at the DT, DE, LB and Safety positions and possibly at corner if Tillman doesn't come back. A young player, wanting to get a ring could find a spot on this team.

Offensively it will be a little tougher. We probably could use another WR but cracking the starting order will be difficult, we really don't have too many holes on the offensive side of the ball. A quality player will not want to come here to sit on the bench. Add to that the team will not want to spend money on a backup.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On the offensive ball I'd say people would be excited to be in this young evolving offense.

On defense I could see someone who has had a hard time getting a starting job, see the bears defense as a place they could crack the starting lineup because of how bad they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

AAHH, the, it's good to be good and bad approach!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
-Solid team
-Players coach
-Great Market

And oh yeah we have a lot of money.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Umm the Browns reeled in a top tier defense FA last year, and the Bills got the #1 guy the year before that. Money talks

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
FAs are excited by getting money.

THERIOT2

Liked Posts:
I'm looking to see a FA Safety and a FA CB signing. A Center is also a necessity,and the Saints could be losing Brian De La Puente for salary cap relief. Bushrod going to Bears as a FA last year hurt the Saints,I'd like to see De La Puente make it hurt them again.A FA Safety in Donte Whitner or a CB in Aqib Talib are possibilities. One more Bennett on this team would be nice,Martellus has a brother that would fit nice in Michael at DE and could take the place of Peppers if he's released. The rest of our needs likely comes in our draft picks or a trade. An NFL ready LB'er needs to be brought in as well. Lots for Emery to do on the defensive side of the ball.

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
Most of the Bears facilities are shiny and new, too. Except the playing field...

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk