From the Way-Back Machine (Youtube): "THE BEARS GOT CUTLER."

Scooter27

Liked Posts:
I recall exactly where I was... Old orchard mall In Skokie, when I stopped into the Cheesecake Factory to get some water. I glanced over the bar at the TV and I see the words "BREAKING: bears acquire jay cutler from broncos"...

I remember being so giddy.

Young 18 year old me had a feeling of optimism For the team that was trough the roof.

Scooter27

Liked Posts:
Speaking of the way back machine, I am still confused with the Scoot26/Scooter27 relationship.

There is no relationship. I've stated a couple times, that it is pure coincidence that we share similar names.

My nickname has been scooter since I was a child. And 27 is just a lucky number I've always used.

I had no knowledge of a senior member named scoot26 before I registered here.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I was at a hotel bar in Myrtle Beach on a golf trip when I heard the news. I argued with my friend that the Bears just got a Top 10 QB. They said I was an idiot.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I was in college. A week before, on April Fools Day, I had a buddy from home prank a bunch of people on Facebook saying that the Bears had traded for Cutler. A ton of people fell for it.

I walked into the dining hall on my campus and two of my friends asked me how was I feeling, and I didn't understand what they were referring to. Then they pointed to the TV that had ESPN on it, and I went nuts.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I was in my car during work listening to ESPN1000 and Carmen DeFalco said 'this is not an April Fools Day joke -- the Chicago Bears have acquired Jay Cutler.' At the time it was perceived to be the biggest trade in Chicago sports history -- which is hilarious because he sucks.

To be fair to Angelo, Cutler appeared to be developing into an elite QB. But McDaniels had it right -- Cutler sucks and is a loser. His decision making is amongst the worst ever for a QB who has played as many games as he has. Further more, his blind side recognition is appalling. Yes, it's the blind side -- people can't see the blind side. We get it. But I've never seen a QB less aware of what is developing behind him.

Cutler also has CTE -- which certainly isn't helping.