Funk's New Target

Kush77

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
No, its not, but I remember the Tom Dore/Red Kerr Oliver Miller jokes too. Boy oh boy...Stacey is entertaining, and he has his own style, I think dude will have a 30 year run in Chicago doing the Bulls games....

Oh my god. the funniest thing I ever heard Red Kerr say was about Oliver Miller.

this was like 96-97 or so when Miller was on Toronto. Miller was sitting not on the bench but on the floor with his back against one of those side tables. Kinda like press row but I'm not sure. The game was a blowout and this is back when you got free pizza when the Bulls cored 125 I think. So the camera cuts to Miller sitting there and Red Kerr says "there's Miller hoping the Bulls score 125 because he has three ticket stubs in his back pocket." I almost died. I'll never forget it.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
I haven't had a chance to watch yesterday's game yet, but as far as I've heard, Taj Gibson has been being built up, while Tyrus Thomas is being torn down as not doing the things Taj does.

Well I can agree with that. Taj & Tyrus are the same age, but you see how 4-5 years in a college program can make a player more well rounded & better prepared for success in the NBA. I have loved what Taj has done thus far. He's fundamentally sound, has a motor that doesn't stop, a nice face up 15ft jumper, loves the game, & loves watching film. When is the last time you've ever heard a rookie say that? If Tyrus stumbles at the start of this season, we will be seeing a lot more of Taj, & I don't think that's a bad thing.

As for our FunKing broadcasters, well there aren't enough superlatives to describe their idiocy. If Stacey King is a Bulls broadcaster for more than 30 years, well, then there is no God.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
I haven't had a chance to watch yesterday's game yet, but as far as I've heard, Taj Gibson has been being built up, while Tyrus Thomas is being torn down as not doing the things Taj does.

Well I can agree with that. Taj & Tyrus are the same age, but you see how 4-5 years in a college program can make a player more well rounded & better prepared for success in the NBA. I have loved what Taj has done thus far. He's fundamentally sound, has a motor that doesn't stop, a nice face up 15ft jumper, loves the game, & loves watching film. When is the last time you've ever heard a rookie say that? If Tyrus stumbles at the start of this season, we will be seeing a lot more of Taj, & I don't think that's a bad thing.

As for our FunKing broadcasters, well there aren't enough superlatives to describe their idiocy. If Stacey King is a Bulls broadcaster for more than 30 years, well, then there is no God.

I love Sky King, he will annoint Janero, "BIG SHOT" Pargo!!!

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
If Stacey King is a Bulls broadcaster for more than 30 years, well, then there is no God.

What does Stacey do wrong? He's a homer, that is the only criticism that he deserves, if that's the case, somebody go burn down Harry Carey's statue.

He does attempt to teach the game...and he has a good sense of humor. I have no problem with King...what problems do you have with him?

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Him calling Larry Hughes big shot Larry even though he's only hit one game winner in a meaningless game

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
If Stacey King is a Bulls broadcaster for more than 30 years, well, then there is no God.

What does Stacey do wrong? He's a homer, that is the only criticism that he deserves, if that's the case, somebody go burn down Harry Carey's statue.

He does attempt to teach the game...and he has a good sense of humor. I have no problem with King...what problems do you have with him?

I agree I think Stacey is very knowledgeable of the game & does try to teach. I'm not knocking him for that or trying to infer stupidity. But I don't think he's that funny, he can get rather annoying actually, & he backs up the idiocy of Neal "The Heel" Funk almost all the time. Maybe if Funk was gone I would like King better but either way, I don't really care for either of them.

I'm just happy Thabo isn't on the team anymore, so we don't have to hear King's horribly unfunny pronunciation of his name.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Diddy1122 wrote:
houheffna wrote:

I agree I think Stacey is very knowledgeable of the game & does try to teach. I'm not knocking him for that or trying to infer stupidity. But I don't think he's that funny, he can get rather annoying actually, & he backs up the idiocy of Neal "The Heel" Funk almost all the time. Maybe if Funk was gone I would like King better but either way, I don't really care for either of them.

I'm just happy Thabo isn't on the team anymore, so we don't have to hear King's horribly unfunny pronunciation of his name.
lol SefaLOsha

wjb1492

Liked Posts:
I don't mind Stacey much - I agree he's a homer, but not too bad in comparison to all the homer announcers around the league. He does a few things that bug me, and I don't think he's the best, but he alone would not lead me to turn the sound down.

Funk drives me absolutely crazy, to the point he actually severely lessens the enjoyment of the games if I have the sound up. (Sometimes I can't sit and watch the game closely enough to go without.) It's not just the completely irrational opinion of different players, it's how many things he gets completely wrong. I could excuse the occasional mistake when the action is fast paced, but his multitude of errors are completely indefensible, imo. Getting the names of players wrong on the team you are hired to cover is bad, and even worse when you're crediting guys who aren't even in the game at the time. Then there's all the other stuff - calling an out-of-bounds when it was a foul or vice versa, screwing up a 2 versus a 3 when guys are shooting from well off the line either direction, and so forth. He must have no job oversight, because I don't know how anyone could justify keeping him on, and I'm not the type to call for someone to lose their job quickly.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
wjb1492 wrote:
I don't mind Stacey much - I agree he's a homer, but not too bad in comparison to all the homer announcers around the league. He does a few things that bug me, and I don't think he's the best, but he alone would not lead me to turn the sound down.

Funk drives me absolutely crazy, to the point he actually severely lessens the enjoyment of the games if I have the sound up. (Sometimes I can't sit and watch the game closely enough to go without.) It's not just the completely irrational opinion of different players, it's how many things he gets completely wrong. I could excuse the occasional mistake when the action is fast paced, but his multitude of errors are completely indefensible, imo. Getting the names of players wrong on the team you are hired to cover is bad, and even worse when you're crediting guys who aren't even in the game at the time. Then there's all the other stuff - calling an out-of-bounds when it was a foul or vice versa, screwing up a 2 versus a 3 when guys are shooting from well off the line either direction, and so forth. He must have no job oversight, because I don't know how anyone could justify keeping him on, and I'm not the type to call for someone to lose their job quickly.

Neil Funk is just one of the worst announcers of all time. I wish they would bring back Larivee, so we at least wouldnt' have to listen to Funk during the WGN games.

I wouldn't be shocked if we see Swirsky and King as the TV crew next year. I don't know how the Bulls can justify keeping Funk with such a negative reaction to him by so many fans.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Him calling Larry Hughes big shot Larry even though he's only hit one game winner in a meaningless game

I believe he hit a couple of them but maybe you are right. Stacey might have been joking around when he called him that.

Fred

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
wjb1492 wrote:
I wouldn't be shocked if we see Swirsky and King as the TV crew next year. I don't know how the Bulls can justify keeping Funk with such a negative reaction to him by so many fans.

You bring up a GREAT point here. Did you notice Swirsky is doing all the ads this year, after last year's ads with Funk? I don't think it's a coincidence. Apparently, they received my many letters. And complaints from others.

Gosh, those Funk ads were awful. "Grim Reaper passes it to Napoleon.." What an incredibly stupid idea.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Did you know that Neil Funk is a playable character in NBA Hangtime for SNES/Genesis?

jsain360

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Did you know that Neil Funk is a playable character in NBA Hangtime for SNES/Genesis?

Oh SH!T!!!! thats a blast from the past, would love to play some TECMO FOOTBALL!!!