Game Notes / Cards vs. Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustedShut

Liked Posts:
-Really disappointed in Cutler. He is either taking preseason very lightly or he is a lot more fed up than we know (think of his errant pass into the Camp Bourbanais tent); he appeared out of sync, didn't care, underthrew WR's, and didn't even TRY to elude pass-rushers on 2 of his sacks. Perhaps he wanted to survive the evening, but I'm fearful that he's watching the rush. He didn't even attempt to scramble outside, merely falling to the ground on both occasions. He's much better than that. Too, why didn't Martz get Cutler out of the pocket ONCE the whole damn game? Every throw was from the pocket. His second INT was a lazy throw and for someone w/ such a strong arm, Jay lofts too many damn balls. Very poor game for Jay last night.

-Offensive line was poor again. Very few running lanes and C. Williams was beaten again. People think that because he's going vs. Peppers in practice that he'll turn All-Pro right away; not so. It takes time, and, in some cases, you actually get worse before you improve. This line has a bright spot in L. Louis - he's the quickest G I've seen in a while, but he's raw. Kruetz is done, Frank OMG looks decent, and we need to draft O-linemen in the first 2 rounds next year, maybe the first 3.

-Chris Harris is a disaster. He routinely takes poor angles, misses tackles, can't cover, and has returned to his prior suckage. I wish we could get Jamar Williams back, esp. now that Briggs is down.

-Why is Lovie playing Tommie Harris so much? The guy is finally looking good and he's going to wear him down in meaningless games?! I would bench Tommie, Urlacher, Peppers, and Pisa next week. It's simply not worth it. Look at how many of our players are injured because of these idiotic, glorified scrimmages.

-Thank God for Peppers because Tim Jennings and Brandon M. suck, IMO. We have such little talent on this team it's sad. The only people we have on Defense that other teams would actually cough up draft picks for are Briggs & Peppers. Urlacher is DONE and can't even stay on the field anymore. Tillman is getting burned for TD's by 3rd string WR's. Bowman is nothing more than a #3 CB. Knox is the only offensive player that I would want from the Bears, and who knows if he's anything more than a #2 or #3 WR; it seems as though the Bears have no clue as how to use DA, and Hester will never be anything special as a WR, even in Martz's offense.

-The Bears' will go 5-11 this year. Our schedule is brutal, and they can't even win ONE preseason game. We are, BY FAR, the worst team in the North right now and there isn't ANYTHING we do well. Our ST are a joke, our D can't even stop Derek FRIGGIN' Anderson on 3rd and long, our secondary is a joke, and Lovie is a stubborn mule. Hopefully, the Bears will have NO CHOICE but to s***can the entire, useless staff. Most importantly, that means Angelo is gone, too!

NFC NORTH 2010

Packers 12-4
Vikings 10-6
Lions 6-10
Bears 5-11

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
make sure you change your tampon after that post

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand all of your concerns... but I highly doubt that the Lions will end 6-10...

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lets see how they come out in the regular season first. Is this preseason alarming? Absolutely. The next game no starters are really going to play as the 4th game is meant for pretty much 2nd and 3rd stringers to make the final cuts to the team.

We do have a brutal schedule this year (especially those last four games of the season). But its hard to say how teams will be this year given that injuries happen and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.