Game of Thrones Thread

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Yeah they've almost totally abandoned the books in a lot of regards... Sansa, Barristan, etc - pretty sure they planned on that since Martin still hasn't finished the books

Good. I'm tired of the people who read the books acting all high and mighty when discussing GOT. They can :gtfo:

supraman

Liked Posts:
Good. I'm tired of the people who read the books acting all high and mighty when discussing GOT. They can :gtfo:

It isnt high and mighty it is just knowing events before they happen it just sounds like being high and mighty because it is known. *2 Dothraki women repeat it is known*

supraman

Liked Posts:
Was bummed there was no arya love in this episode

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
It isnt high and mighty it is just knowing events before they happen it just sounds like being high and mighty because it is known. *2 Dothraki women repeat it is known*

No it goes well beyond that. I'm sick of people always try to compare the books to the show. Who gives a flying fuck? Just enjoy the god damn show for what it is and leave the books the fuck out of it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No it goes well beyond that. I'm sick of people always try to compare the books to the show. Who gives a flying fuck? Just enjoy the god damn show for what it is and leave the books the fuck out of it.

Well the story is based on the books.... it is interesting to see how they creatively make the story different and/or better and/or worse.

Are you mad at weather and reading right now?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Well the story is based on the books.... it is interesting to see how they creatively make the story different and/or better and/or worse.

Are you mad at weather and reading right now?

The weather sucks. I don't mind reading but people almost always say "the book was better than the show/movie." Who gives a fuck? I don't care how the show is different from the books and I don't care to know how smart someone thinks they are because they can point out all the differences. Nobody, I repeat nobody, gives a fuck.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Nobody, I repeat nobody, gives a fuck.

Um...I do, actually.

Anyway, I'm interested where the Sansa story line is going. She obviously noticed Ramsey's weakness at the dinner table, but better watch her shit with that chick who let the hounds out on the blonde.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The weather sucks. I don't mind reading but people almost always say "the book was better than the show/movie." Who gives a fuck? I don't care how the show is different from the books and I don't care to know how smart someone thinks they are because they can point out all the differences. Nobody, I repeat nobody, gives a fuck.
I've been quite vocal on the differences. I care. That said books 4 and five, IMO dragged on at points. Some of the changes I've liked, others not so much. Not knowing exactly what is going to happen has been enjoyable.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
d53912f0f0aee13f2e25816d255b7545_zpsmfequtiw.jpg

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tyrion already knew about the dragons but he sure as fuck was stunned to see it. Likely was impressed by how large they were already. If anything what I noticed is that the black dragon was headed in the direction they were coming from which may mean its headed west and could come into play some time this season?

Last edited:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tyrion already knew about the dragons but he sure as fuck was stunned to see it. Likely was impressed by how large they were already. If anything what I noticed is that the black dragon was headed in the direction they were coming from which may mean its headed west and could come into play some time this season?

Also, Drogon gonna get big as fuck compared to the other 2.... I think he was already the biggest of the 3, but being outside flying around instead of being couped up in a dungeon..... Drogon gonna get ganked by Bran.... den Bran-Drogon gonna murder erbody.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

It's almost impossible to tell which way they were going. In the books the Stone Men attack takes place on the river Rhoyne (seriously? They're on the Rhone? When the fuck did they get to Southern France?) on the way to Volantis -- which is where Tyrion got kidnapped in the show. But since in the show they're sailing through Old Valyria it's virtually impossible to tell which route they're taking. They could have been going straight through west to east; cutting through straight south; who knows really since it's all just a patchwork of islands.

Cool interactive map: http://quartermaester.info/

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it was stupid to put dem dragons in the dungeon anyways. Now they turned their backs on her. Plus, bish dey dragons. They are meant to roast a motha fucka or two on the daily.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Daenerys Targaryen. Frees da slaves. Enslaves da dragons.

:oj:

Seems legit.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling that HBO is going to leave us with a bit of a cliffhanger at the end of this season.
For the people that read the books, you know who I'm talking about.

A little stabby stab...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As long as they give me my obligatory epic 2nd to last or last episode of the season I am cool. But no epicness + cliffhanger ending will really leave a bad taste in my mouth.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm happy that Bronn is involved, since his character from the novels is basically finished (retiring with lands). The show has been pretty good on a major death happening late in the season, but not exactly at episode 10.
I haven't read 4 and 5, so what's been relayed to me is that Tyrion's story line is basically in new territory, so it's keeping everyone on their toes.

I hope Bran makes 0 appearances this season. Tired of him in the books, and tired of him in the show. Zzzzz....

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wat? You crazy? I can't wait to see Bran take over a dragon. I wish that shit would happen this season. I just have no idea what the fuck baby Stark will have to do with the storyline at all. Rickon is the only Stark without any purpose so far.