Game of Thrones Thread

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling that HBO is going to leave us with a bit of a cliffhanger at the end of this season.
For the people that read the books, you know who I'm talking about.

A little stabby stab...

That's pretty much guaranteed. Impressive how many happenings in the books are almost exact mirrors of real historical events. Et tu, Brute‽ But since Bran isn't in this season -- not like any of us will complain about not having to see him hang out in an underground tree for months, or years, or whatever the fuck it was (edit: ok, apparently Xero's whiny ass) -- I'm trying to figure out how they'll fill out the rest of the season (and more importantly, bring a sense of building intensity toward the finale that they've done so well with the first several seasons).

So, bets?

My primary contenders for ramping up the action the rest of the season: Running into the walkers/zombie army when evacuating Hardhome and the shit hitting the fan. The Stannis v Boltons battle. Daeny having to put down full-scale rebellion in Meereen (and basically, still appeasing none of her subjects in the process ['cause that's just the type of ruler she is apparently]).

I think all of those are likely to happen, it's just in what proportions and what other twists will they toss in. Unleash the dragons to just nuke the populace (basically saying "fuck this city, I'm moving on and leaving scorched earth")? Revealing more shit about the Night's King and the Walkers in general?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hugh? I thought I was abundantly clear I was only interested in seeing Bran take over a dragon. I couldn't give a shit about any other part to his story. Just want to see him control a dragon and fuck shit up along with finding out the context in which he fucks shit up as a dragon. Not to mention whether his physical body is killed leaving him stuck inside of said dragon.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm betting you're going to be waiting til season 7 for any epic boy on dragon action, if not longer. You know my opinion on how this is all going to end up...at least I'm pretty sure I've conveyed it in one drunken stupor or another.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I beg to differ. HBO has already chewed up through most of the existing books and Martin will never catch up so HBO is going to be winging it. This season is proof enough that they are going vastly off-script already, as if molding the story line in the direction they wish to take it. I would be extremely surprised if it didn't happen in season 6. Perhaps actual battling with a dragon would not occur until season 7 but I am virtually certain by season 6 we will have seen him take control of a dragon. Officially speaking were guaranteed up to season 6 and they are already saying they would like to have GoT reach past 7 seasons. Though it hasn't been renewed for a 7th or 8th season, yet.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's pretty much guaranteed. Impressive how many happenings in the books are almost exact mirrors of real historical events. Et tu, Brute‽ But since Bran isn't in this season -- not like any of us will complain about not having to see him hang out in an underground tree for months, or years, or whatever the fuck it was (edit: ok, apparently Xero's whiny ass) -- I'm trying to figure out how they'll fill out the rest of the season (and more importantly, bring a sense of building intensity toward the finale that they've done so well with the first several seasons).

So, bets?

My primary contenders for ramping up the action the rest of the season: Running into the walkers/zombie army when evacuating Hardhome and the shit hitting the fan. The Stannis v Boltons battle. Daeny having to put down full-scale rebellion in Meereen (and basically, still appeasing none of her subjects in the process ['cause that's just the type of ruler she is apparently]).

I think all of those are likely to happen, it's just in what proportions and what other twists will they toss in. Unleash the dragons to just nuke the populace (basically saying "fuck this city, I'm moving on and leaving scorched earth")? Revealing more shit about the Night's King and the Walkers in general?

My prediction is that there are going to be three riders of the dragons. Khalesi will ride Drogon and the other two will be ridden by the IMP and Bran. All three are small riders and well adapted for riding dragons.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
John Snow will ride a Dragon. His father was the Targaryen prince after all.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling that HBO is going to leave us with a bit of a cliffhanger at the end of this season.

A little stabby stab...

they seemed to be setting that up with the olly scene, aliser thorne et al aside

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

A little stabby stab...

You XXXX XXXXXXX XXX XXXX

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Joffrey = Hitler :hitler: ?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
John Snow will ride a Dragon. His father was the Targaryen prince after all.

While this is a prevailing theory pretty much all but confirmed already by Sean Bean, it has yet to become official. Supposedly Martin said it may be included into the current book he is writing but he may hold it back until the following book which he will probably die writing.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
While this is a prevailing theory pretty much all but confirmed already by Sean Bean, it has yet to become official. Supposedly Martin said it may be included into the current book he is writing but he may hold it back until the following book which he will probably die writing.

At the rate he writes I may die reading it.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ya'll some book-readin', spoilin' motherfuckers!

I have to read carefully here. Nothing blatant, definitely spoilerish. I've asked for them to start a book thread so they can speak freely, discuss the books to their hearts content, and never have to worry about us illiterates whining. Sometime it seems that's part of the joy of posting book info in a TV thread, and a separate book thread might ruin the fun.

Reactions: WCL

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
<---------- can read but didn't read these books.

Anything I'm spouting is simply tv fan theories

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
<---------- can read but didn't read these books.

Anything I'm spouting is simply tv fan theories

I enjoy them, I've posted a few of my own. That's fun and nothing spoilery about that shit.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't read the books and like hearing the comments about the books.

I don't know what will happen with Sansa, but I will:cum: if and when she makes a move on the inbred (Deliverance hillbilly) looking fucker Ramsey, make him squirm.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

What does HBO do when he dies? Do they just make up their own shit? I mean they're not cancelling this show with the ratings it gets.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I read that HBO and Martin have outlined a plot to the finish in case he does pass.

This.... last Summer I think it was, they went out to his house and sat down with him and had him outline his plots for how the story concludes in the last 2 books he wants to write.

They have creative control to just finish out the TV series as they see fit regardless of what happens with Martin, though I think they will attempt to at least push towards the same ending.