Game of Thrones Thread

The Apostate

Liked Posts:
When a hot red-headed temptress morphs into Gollum, that's a problem for you?

Well, technically she is Gollum and only looks like a hottie because of the magic necklace.

More interestingly it seems a pretty clear indication that the writers are attempting to show her questioning her faith in the red god, exactly what happened to Thoros just before he resurrected Berric for the first time.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
God I miss The Hound. I hope that is one of the changes they make from the books. BRING BACK THE HOUND!

The Hound may have been the most down to earth guy in the entire series and I miss his character also.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyone come across this resurrection theory yet?: http://www.bustle.com/articles/9104...-game-of-thrones-fans-arent-talking-about-yet

This all obviously relies on Theon and Sansa not being dad. Sansa committing suicide to end the season just doesn't seem like a proper way for her to go out.

I don't think that they tried to commit suicide. There was a shitload of snow as I remember it and they were trying to escape weren't they? It is going to be interesting what they are going to do with Theon's character. Wonder if he ends up hooking back up with his warrior sis?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They seemed to focus on the blood of Jon Snow. What was that about?

Blood is all over the story lines and at the end we see Jon's blood leaking onto the snow. In the meantime, the Red Witch has left the scene going inside the keep. There is just too much symbolism at the end of the season for them to end his life. He and the Imp are the biggest characters in the TV version and I think that he is certainly alive.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It also seemed like pretty heavy handed foreshadowing when Sam said Jon always comes back.

Yeah. Somehow I think that the douchebag who Job put in charge of the Wall is going to try and murder Sam(remember when he said after the Meister dies he told Sam that he was running out of friends) and that Ghost and Jon Snow are going to rescue him.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh my god, that was like a naked female dobby. Make it stop! MAKE IT STOP!

It will never stahp.... it will haunt your every waking moment for eternity.... come join us in the darkness my friend.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well boys. Now we know why her snatch claims lives.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
My problem with the season 6 first show...

Problem #1, that scene at the end with the Red Witch is the first time in the show I've had to cover my eye's. If I wanted to watch my wife, I could just leave the lights on as we go to bed.

Problem #2, when is it that she's going to bed? What day? Couldn't be before the nightfall when the men in the room are suppose to give their decision to surrender?!?!?! That would make no sense, yea they surrendered or had a huge fight but no one bothered to mention it to the Red Witch? Or is that scene out of order? Happened the night before? She a day sleeper? Made zero sense to me.

Edit: Of course, not that dragon's and raising folks from the dead or giving birth to spirits is all that full of sense.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
with the ruby necklace on...she still gets pipe

as long as she doesn't troll by taking it off and on during the act

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There was a scene last season where the red woman had her necklace off and she was naked in front of Stannis' wife and she didn't look like that

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
There was a scene last season where the red woman had her necklace off and she was naked in front of Stannis' wife and she didn't look like that

Maybe it wasn't the necklace; perhaps it was her loss of faith and the necklace was just symbolic. Or, they just didn't think ahead for the sake of synchronicity. Either way, who cares?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
IIRC from the books, she can imbue an item with power to like trick people into seeing someone differently.... she uses it to make the Lord of Bones look like Mance so they burn him and she makes Mance look like the Lord of Bones so he could survive and help Jon.

The books never reveal that she is actually an old hag, but I would have to guess she chose to bring down the illusion... I think you just need the item on you or on your clothing in order for it to work, so presumably you could guess she can retain the illusion if she is near the object. The illusion is not a strict, the necklace has to be around her neck or it automatically drops... otherwise she woulda been found out on accident at some point lol.

Jon gonna get rezzed and wakeup to naked female Dobby, his least favorite half-sibling, a giant butch Brienne of Tarth, and Ser Davos and Jon will prolly ask Davos to just kill him again and Davos will be like "Plz M'lord don't leave me with these.... people"

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still have a perfectly functioning moon door for precisely these sorts of situations.