Game of Thrones Thread

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya know, I wonder what Lady Stoneheart would be thinking if she was to run into Ned's bastard now.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ya know, I wonder what Lady Stoneheart would be thinking if she was to run into Ned's bastard now.

She might still.... in the books at least lol

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
231dade2-de4c-11e4-9e85-12771640ddce.gif

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
She might still.... in the books at least lol

I've seen theories out there, that they just didn't want to show her before Jon was brought back from the dead but we'll see her this season.

Maybe she'll meet up with Jon after he learns who his real parents were. He can then tell her all those years she spent hating on him were for naught, Ned wasn't his real father...or a very good swordsman for that matter

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've seen theories out there, that they just didn't want to show her before Jon was brought back from the dead but we'll see her this season.

Maybe she'll meet up with Jon after he learns who his real parents were. He can then tell her all those years she spent hating on him were for naught, Ned wasn't his real father...or a very good swordsman for that matter

He went toe to toe with Jaime Lannister and fought well.... Ser Arthur Dayne was better than Jaime.... lol Ned was no slouch of a swordsman.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Sir Art was better than Jaime but Ned was involved in a handicap match vs him in which it was 4 of them against Dayne and he whipped them. Ned was only saved when Art was stabbed in the back right before delivering the death blow.

Jaime was just feeling Ned out and would have taken him if that guard didn't stab him in the back. Made Jaime mad cause he knew he had him beat but karma being what it is ....

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Sir Art was better than Jaime but Ned was involved in a handicap match vs him in which it was 4 of them against Dayne and he whipped them. Ned was only saved when Art was stabbed in the back right before delivering the death blow.

Jaime was just feeling Ned out and would have taken him if that guard didn't stab him in the back. Made Jaime mad cause he knew he had him beat but karma being what it is ....

Point being I don't think you can say Ned sucks as a swordsman because he lost or was losing to the best we know of in Ser Arthur Dayne and the 2nd best according to the books in Jaime Lannister lol.

Ned was a very good fighter/swordsman.... not surprising he couldn't beat Arthur Dayne or Jaime Lannister.

Side note.... wasn't the fight at the Tower of Joy 3 Kingsguard vs Ned and his guys? I thought it was the Lord Commander + Arthur Dayne + another Kingsguard vs Ned and his like 8 dudes.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Point being I don't think you can say Ned sucks as a swordsman because he lost or was losing to the best we know of in Ser Arthur Dayne and the 2nd best according to the books in Jaime Lannister lol.

Ned was a very good fighter/swordsman.... not surprising he couldn't beat Arthur Dayne or Jaime Lannister.

Side note.... wasn't the fight at the Tower of Joy 3 Kingsguard vs Ned and his guys? I thought it was the Lord Commander + Arthur Dayne + another Kingsguard vs Ned and his like 8 dudes.

Yeah, but Ser Art's other 2 guys went down fast so it ended up either 3 on 1 or 4 on 1.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, but Ser Art's other 2 guys went down fast so it ended up either 3 on 1 or 4 on 1.

It was just Arthur Dayne and 1 other Kingsguard, shoulda been 2 IIRC as I was saying.

And yeah Dayne was a bad ass.... he handled Ned and 4 other guys by himself.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here it is...

At the end of the war, Lord Eddard Stark and six of his companions (Howland Reed, Lord Willam Dustin, Ethan Glover, Martyn Cassel, Theo Wull, and Ser Mark Ryswell) approached the tower. They found it guarded by three members of the Kingsguard (Ser Arthur Dayne, Ser Oswell Whent, and Lord Commander Gerold Hightower). Eddard and Howland were the only survivors of the resulting battle. Eddard had the tower torn down to build cairns for the eight deceased

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Tower_of_Joy

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was just Arthur Dayne and 1 other Kingsguard, shoulda been 2 IIRC as I was saying.

And yeah Dayne was a bad ass.... he handled Ned and 4 other guys by himself.

Kinda surprising how that ended up. Little Bran more than a bit disappointed and kinda painted Ned in a negative light. Before that we had seen other characters seemingly doubt he was the father of Jon referring to how honorable he was and that would make him a very unlikely candidate for adultery. With the sword fight though, you can also blow it off as he wasn't there to entertain Dayne in an honorable match but rather just get through the kings guards to get to his sister.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I kinda want to go visit the place they used for filming the Tower of Joy:

Zafra-1024x651.jpg

Castillo-de-Zafra1.jpg

Castillo de Zafra, Guadalajara, Spain (NE of Madrid).

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Sir Bariston would have kicked all of their asses:)