Game of Thrones Thread

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Also, think Walter Frey is gonna throw in with the Lannisters? And Sansa and Jon Snow owe him big time for their brother and mother!

I think Frey is going to meet up with ninja-chameleon-assassin Arya before long.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Granted, I may have missed it - but why do you think the Tyrells are walking into a trap?

I have a feeling that the high Sparrow told Tommen that the Tyrells killed Joffrey. He would know this because Loras probably broke down and told him. Tommen then informee his mom. Cersei always has an ulterior motive and every dead body (faith militants and tyrells) is a victory for her without expending any soldiers or resources whIle 2 of her enemies lose.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling that the high Sparrow told Tommen that the Tyrells killed Joffrey. He would know this because Loras probably broke down and told him. Tommen then informee his mom. Cersei always has an ulterior motive and every dead body (faith militants and tyrells) is a victory for her without expending any soldiers or resources whIle 2 of her enemies lose.

Huh I had not thought of it this way, but could definitely see it.

Only thing is the High Sparrow wouldn't agree to conspiring to murder all the Tyrells.... I think the Lannisters will backstab both the faith and the Tyrells.

Funny thing is that will leave the Lannisters standing alone against Dorne when they come calling.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Also the song the winds of castemere was playing when cersei and Tommen were talking. Same song during the red wedding.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Also the song the winds of castemere was playing when cersei and Tommen were talking. Same song during the red wedding.

Would be interesting if Cersei tries to double cross the faith and Tyrells and winds up getting tricked by both and killed.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Well Margery is the Queen. Wouldn't surprise me if Old Lady Tyrell and Margery set the whole fucking thing up in the first place.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Huh I had not thought of it this way, but could definitely see it.

Only thing is the High Sparrow wouldn't agree to conspiring to murder all the Tyrells.... I think the Lannisters will backstab both the faith and the Tyrells.

Funny thing is that will leave the Lannisters standing alone against Dorne when they come calling.

In the scenario bamainatlanta is going with, the High Sparrow would not be murdering the Tyrells, the faith militants would be defending themselves against the attacking Tyrells. Neither side is in on the conspiracy. Cersei wins regardless of who is left standing, and the winner of that battle will be left weakened, militarily politically or both.

I love the theory.

If it does go down like this the Tyrells would win the battle, actual warriors v creepy little monks, but the Tyrells would take a huge PR hit for attacking the church.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In the scenario bamainatlanta is going with, the High Sparrow would not be murdering the Tyrells, the faith militants would be defending themselves against the attacking Tyrells. Neither side is in on the conspiracy. Cersei wins regardless of who is left standing, and the winner of that battle will be left weakened, militarily politically or both.

I love the theory.

If it does go down like this the Tyrells would win the battle, actual warriors v creepy little monks, but the Tyrells would take a huge PR hit for attacking the church.

Yes the Faith are just defending themselves if they are not conspiring with the Lannisters, but if Tommen knows Tyrells killed Joffrey and told Cersei and she is bringing the Tyrells in to attack the faith, I don't believe Cersei is conspiring with the faith like "Ok so they will attack you, but you will know it is coming and I will bring my guys in behind them and we will kill them all".... High Sparrow would not go for this.

I think the idea is correct though, Tyrells come in to attack the faith and then the Lannisters will butcher the remaining Tyrell guys and Mace and the old bish and Margeary and Loras.

Though I could also see Tommen not wanting Margeary to die, so he tells High Sparrow and High Sparrow talks to Mace and the Lannisters all die having been caught trying to kill both the Tyrells and the Faith militant.

I think one of those 2 things happens.... either way it will be good lol.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah this is a great story line, it's even better that Cersei started all this shit and got the walk of shame. Kinda hoping Margaery gets the walk before the battle, just from a purely perv perspective.

I love a little alliteration.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah this is a great story line, it's even better that Cersei started all this shit and got the walk of shame. Kinda hoping Margaery gets the walk before the battle, just from a purely perv perspective.

I love a little alliteration.

Lol. I was just going to say that about her. Me likey

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The letter sent to Jon snow was a fake. Earlier in the series, Ramsey sends his letters with flayed skin on it not a wax seal.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The letter sent to Jon snow was a fake. Earlier in the series, Ramsey sends his letters with flayed skin on it not a wax seal.

I thought that too. If so, I think Little finger sent Jon the letter as part of his game.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I thought that too. If so, I think Little finger sent Jon the letter as part of his game.

Bingo. The letter said "Come and see" and when Littlefinger greets Robin at the Vale, he tells him to "come and see..."

Littlefinger wants the North and I think he is trying to start a Cersei-type situation in which both the Boltons and the Starks are decimated. He'll show up after the battle and clean house with The Vale's soldiers. He will then kill off Robin's generals and then Robin himself.

Reactions: BNB

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why you people think I picked Littlefinger? He is in it for the long game.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's so weird that the Starks, arguably the main family in this whole thing, suffer the most.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's so weird that the Starks, arguably the main family in this whole thing, suffer the most.

Well, you see, there is this sadistic guy named George R. R. Martin....

In reality, it would seem that Martin focuses on punishing the idealists and rewarding those which are willing to compromise their morals.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
BwfQr6n.jpg