tumblr_mtt23whSv91qfh27qo1_400.jpg

nNXlbWT.jpg

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Was anybody else wildly underwhelmed by the way he died? I had hoped it would have been Arya to do it, killing the people she had named in her prayers. Of course I knew this wasn't going to happen but it would have been cool.

As much as I wanted that little cocksucker to die, I was kind of hoping he would have survived this just to have him get it far worse later on.

I guess we'll always have Tywinn's demise to look forward to, of course he has more Stark blood on his hands than Joffrey did anyway.

You can't look at it as just one event. This sets off a chain reaction. Tyrion, Sansa, the Tommen, all of them are impacted, as well as others. Tommen is younger in the books and I'm pretty sure the necklace was a hair piece in the books. Shae is not sent away in the books.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Was anybody else wildly underwhelmed by the way he died? I had hoped it would have been Arya to do it, killing the people she had named in her prayers. Of course I knew this wasn't going to happen but it would have been cool.

As much as I wanted that little cocksucker to die, I was kind of hoping he would have survived this just to have him get it far worse later on.

I guess we'll always have Tywinn's demise to look forward to, of course he has more Stark blood on his hands than Joffrey did anyway.
I agree. I was hoping for a bit more, but I like the idea of how they are going to play Tyrion now.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:

It seemed very.... sudden.
I haven’t read the books so the following is pure speculation on my part.

Who dun it? The new queen? Her grandmother? The fool? The hand? The Dornish prince (Oberyn)? The fire god priestess? 'Littlefinger' Baelish? The spider? Tyrion is the only one I am sure didn’t do it and of course he is the one being blamed.

The Fool- he did grab Sansa and shepherd her out of there at the first sign of trouble, almost like he knew what was about to happen.

The new Queen and her grandmother - they were very aware that the king was monster. Now she has the crown without having to deal with the king.

The Hand- Tywin is more concerned with the longevity of the Family and if he thought the boy king was a liability that couldn’t be controlled then I have no doubt he would change the game. The hand will now wield the power.

Oberyn- If he didn’t then his is probably pissed someone beat him to it.

Fire God Priestess- same as Oberyn.

Baelish- who the fuck knows, but I doubt it

The Spider? This guy is playing the long game and as he told Ned Stark “ I serve the realm” with him anything is possible and I still question if he is waiting to put a DRAGON back on the throne.

Most likely? Someone I didn’t even mention haha

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The new Queen and her grandmother - they were very aware that the king was monster. Now she has the crown without having to deal with the king.
The new Queen seemed awfully eager to feed him that cake.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
To me, it doesn't make sense that the Tyrell's would be involved. Doesn't Joffrey's death take them out of they game completely?

Of course Tywin always had the power, but you would think keeping his grandson as the figurehead would at least make sure he maintains as much influence as possible. Of course Tommen being the next "man" up would keep it that way as well.

The Fool seems obvious, most likely meaning he has something to so with it, but there was no one it was his call alone.

Varys and Littlefinger, very very possible. Littlefinger left King's Landing at the perfect time.

The fact that an eleven year old girl slowly became my favorite character is a testament to how good this show really is.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
SPOILERS BELOW

Differences I've noticed.....someone who has read the books tell me if I am remembering anything wrong.

Bron does not train Jamie it is Illyn Payne. Sir Illyn is the executioner that happens to not have a tongue so he couldn't talk even if he wanted to. The necklace is a hair piece in the books. Shae is NOT sent away, although she might not really be gone. That never happens in the books. She is not IDed in the books. A whore is IDed as Tyrion's but it is the wrong one. Tommen is younger in the books. The Red Viper (Oberyn) isn't portrayed as a flamer, he might go both ways but it isn't as overt. Maester Pycell is NOT sent away by Cersei at the feast, he is present when everything goes down and Cersei flips out on him afterwards for not being there to save the day.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
94 Supra- thanks for using the spoiler tag for those of us who havent read the books.

I want to click, but I am resisting!

. Only one thing is a spoiler I think because I think there is some deception and only think that because I've read the books. I'm going to remove that and put it in a spoiler tag.

Ok. I took the one thing that I reallllly think is a spoiler out.
Bron does not train Jamie it is Illyn Payne. Sir Illyn is the executioner that happens to not have a tongue so he couldn't talk even if he wanted to. The necklace is a hair piece in the books. Tommen is younger in the books. The Red Viper (Oberyn) isn't portrayed as a flamer, he might go both ways but it isn't as overt. Maester Pycell is NOT sent away by Cersei at the feast, he is present when everything goes down and Cersei flips out on him afterwards for not being there to save the day.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Supra, have you read all the books to date? I haven't clicked the spoiler tags obviously but as an opinion, how many more books are going to be written before the story wraps up?

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Supra, have you read all the books to date? I haven't clicked the spoiler tags obviously but as an opinion, how many more books are going to be written before the story wraps up?

I've read all 5 books to date. I usually reread them before the season HOWEVER I won't this season because of how the books are written (see below). There are going to be 7 books according to the author. He has released snippets from the upcoming books and I've read the snippets as well.

The producers of the series said they have spoken with the author and he has told them how he plans to wrap it up.

I may have said this before but books 4 and 5 run concurrently. So you only read half of the characters in one book and the other half in another. Due to this I think seasons 4, 5, and 6 will be better and easier to follow than the books. IIRC, this season picked up in the middle of book 3 this season. The Red Wedding (Rob's death) was in the middle of book 3.

One of the characters in the books has a story that draaaags and I see a ton of that being cut. The series will probably be 8 seasons MAYBE 9.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Thanks dude, you basically answered all of my questions and more. I guess I asked because I'm sure some people think Martin will die before he wraps things up.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lance.... you and I are sparring brahs now.... :hi5:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Only as long as he can shit gold like his father! :lol:

Hey buddy.... they think you poisoned da cunt.... I mean King.... Don't worry, I got you brah.

MacBear

Liked Posts:
hope this avatar isnt taken already.

for those of you who havent read the books, watch the wedding scene extra closely. the culprit is apparent if you pay close attention.

doesnt matter who did what in the long run though, because im coming south eventually :yep:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
hope this avatar isnt taken already.

for those of you who havent read the books, watch the wedding scene extra closely. the culprit is apparent if you pay close attention.

doesnt matter who did what in the long run though, because im coming south eventually :yep:

I need to re-watch it, but I was thinking either Margaery did it or Cersei tried to poison Margaery and Joffrey wound up with the cup and got the poison instead.... however I believe one of my co-workers may have spoiled it cause he read the books but has not kept up with the show.

I won't say what he said in case it was a true spoiler...

EDIT: Just re-watched it.... definitely not my Cersei idea, though it would be some awesome irony. What I noticed on the second take was when Tyrion went to get the wine goblet while Joffrey is eating the pie, he goes to grab it and shares a look with Lady Olenna who was sitting right across from where Joffrey had left the cup... I wonder if that is what MacBear was alluding to.

Last edited: