Game of Thrones Thread

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
No, i was too busy watching Samwell be a beta p-haggot.. His scenes are starting to get more and more cringe worthy. Not sure why he gets so much time. He's a young R.R Martin i bet

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, i was too busy watching Samwell be a beta p-haggot.. His scenes are starting to get more and more cringe worthy. Not sure why he gets so much time. He's a young R.R Martin i bet

:lmao:

Yeah... I could see it.

But seriously.... dude sends her to live in a whore house? Rather than just protecting her and the baby himself.... total puss out.

Samwell seriously needs to learn how to fight.... he may not be a good fighter but he can learn how to do it from Jon.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was anyone else kinda "Meh" on that last episode.... seemed like a whole lot of interludes between stories.

Only one character that actually has a name was killed. GOT has set the bar so high that a story development episode is just meh.

What happened in S04E03?
Jamie and Cersei are now an item again (whether she likes it or not)
Sam arguably moved his wildling squeeze and namesake into more danger
Arya now has another reason to hate the hound when they were starting to get too comfortable with each other.
Little Finger was revealed as a major part of Joffery’s murder.
Tyrion ‘s is screwed and his squire Podrick is in danger
Daenerys is starting a slave uprising movement from within her next conquest city
Tywin is getting his clutches on the next king early this time
Jon Snow wants the Nights Watch to go kill the deserters before they reveal their weakness.

Lots of setup in this show so I expect more action in the next episode. Still there were some funny and dramatic moments in this episode. I personally loved when the hound asked Ayra “how many Starks have to lose their heads before you learn?”

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Only one character that actually has a name was killed. GOT has set the bar so high that a story development episode is just meh.

What happened in S04E03?
Jamie and Cersei are now an item again (whether she likes it or not)
Sam arguably moved his wildling squeeze and namesake into more danger
Arya now has another reason to hate the hound when they were starting to get too comfortable with each other.
Little Finger was revealed as a major part of Joffery’s murder.
Tyrion ‘s is screwed and his squire Podrick is in danger
Daenerys is starting a slave uprising movement from within her next conquest city
Tywin is getting his clutches on the next king early this time
Jon Snow wants the Nights Watch to go kill the deserters before they reveal their weakness.

Lots of setup in this show so I expect more action in the next episode. Still there were some funny and dramatic moments in this episode. I personally loved when the hound asked Ayra “how many Starks have to lose their heads before you learn?”

Lol true.... SERE you are fucked.... you should have sent Podrick to me.... we can break you out and do a whore tour of the Free Cities

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
may be a half man but as Cersi said don’t underestimate my ability to talk my way out of anything!

Plus my nephew (the new king to be loves me)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
may be a half man but as Cersi said don’t underestimate my ability to talk my way out of anything!

Plus my nephew (the new king to be loves me)

Interesting point.... I had not thought of that.

Though I wonder.... could Tyrion not simply once again request a trial by combat and have Bronn kill whomever gets chosen as the other Champion?

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Bronn is still in Kings Landing then he isn’t as intent on his own personal survival as I think he is. He won’t live to see Tyrion’s trial if he doesnt hit the road.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Bronn is still in Kings Landing then he isn’t as intent on his own personal survival as I think he is. He won’t live to see Tyrion’s trial if he doesnt hit the road.

Bronn is pretty bad ass.... I wouldn't count him out.... Podrick said Bronn was "Under investigation" so he must still be around.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Interesting point.... I had not thought of that.

Though I wonder.... could Tyrion not simply once again request a trial by combat and have Bronn kill whomever gets chosen as the other Champion?

Yes he can request a trial by combat. Bronn may be bribed not to do it with knighthood or something else. And he would be the type to pass it by depending on what Cersei would offer him

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes he can request a trial by combat. Bronn may be bribed not to do it with knighthood or something else. And he would be the type to pass it by depending on what Cersei would offer him

True.... something tells me Tywin is using this as a plot to maybe get rid of Oberyn.... like force Tyrion in to doing trial by combat and give him The Mountain as his Champion and then coax Oberyn to take on the opposing Champion role or some such.

Tywin is too smart to think Tyrion would poison Joffrey and be left standing their dumbfounded holding the cup like that..... something tells me Tywin lies at the heart of some element of this plot.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

bronn's already a knight, remember

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
True.... something tells me Tywin is using this as a plot to maybe get rid of Oberyn.... like force Tyrion in to doing trial by combat and give him The Mountain as his Champion and then coax Oberyn to take on the opposing Champion role or some such.

Tywin is too smart to think Tyrion would poison Joffrey and be left standing their dumbfounded holding the cup like that..... something tells me Tywin lies at the heart of some element of this plot.

That's a good thought about Tywin but he wouldn't have much to gain by removing Joffrey.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
A knight without any land.

I was responding to the bribing with knighthood part. context means a lot, doesn't it. If you had said "bribe with land/a lordship/a holdfast" well, then, there wouldn't be any gray area, would there?

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pure conjecture on my part but I see Bronn as someone too smart to stick around at this point.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
That's a good thought about Tywin but he wouldn't have much to gain by removing Joffrey.

Hell yeah he does. Joffrey is a freaking psycho, he's already shown he doesn't listen to his handlers; remember Cersei wanted to pardon Ned Stark and every one's favorite psycho had him beheaded instead.

With Joff gone, Tommen is the new "king", with Tywin being the regent and ruling until Tommen is of age. Tommen is a nice, malleable kid and will do what Tywin says unlike King Murderpants.

Tywin would totally gain by Joff dying.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hell yeah he does. Joffrey is a freaking psycho, he's already shown he doesn't listen to his handlers; remember Cersei wanted to pardon Ned Stark and every one's favorite psycho had him beheaded instead.

With Joff gone, Tommen is the new "king", with Tywin being the regent and ruling until Tommen is of age. Tommen is a nice, malleable kid and will do what Tywin says unlike King Murderpants.

Tywin would totally gain by Joff dying.

This.... and even if Tywin was not involved in Joffrey's death I still see him scheming to gain something from Tyrion's trial....