Game of Thrones Thread

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This.... and even if Tywin was not involved in Joffrey's death I still see him scheming to gain something from Tyrion's trial....

Yes, he would want to rid the Lannisters of Tyrion. Tyrion is an abomination to him. When Tyrion was captured, Tywin was more worried about how weak that would make the family work to the world as opposed to freeing him because he actually cared.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes, he would want to rid the Lannisters of Tyrion. Tyrion is an abomination to him. When Tyrion was captured, Tywin was more worried about how weak that would make the family work to the world as opposed to freeing him because he actually cared.

Not sure I agree, I realize Tywin sees Tyrion as an abomination but he still keeps him around cause he is an important Lannister.... but even assuming he wants to get rid of Tyrion (which he could have done whenever he wanted before now) .... I think Tywin would try to get more out of it than just Tyrion's death.... like I said I could see him trying to pit Oberyn against the Mountain in a Champion's duel and for him its a win-win.... if Oberyn wins then he gets his alliance with Dorn.... if The Mountain wins, he gets rid of a potentially dangerous foe and Tyrion sticks around.... not like he doesn't already have a King Slayer son.

EDIT: Btw Episode 8 of season 4 is titled "The Mountain and the Viper".... I think I am on to something with my theory.

Last edited:

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was responding to the bribing with knighthood part. context means a lot, doesn't it. If you had said "bribe with land/a lordship/a holdfast" well, then, there wouldn't be any gray area, would there?

Lol, ok man. Are you eating kale again because you seem grumpy. Some bacon might improve your mood

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Pure conjecture on my part but I see Bronn as someone too smart to stick around at this point.

Tywin closed down the city after the assassination. I have no idea if that's still going on, but I think that would be the only reason Bronn would still be around. Tyrion is asking for Jamie because that's the only guy that might help him and not get crushed by Cersei.

Not a good time to be the imp's buddy. I really hope Shea got out in time.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I just pray that the writers follow the book in this season's storyline

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
0abc100058d3911891e4f0550e623dd6.png

I bet it hits double digit millions by season 5

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am as confused as ever who killed Joffrey. I thought it was the queen to be and her grandmother but someone here made mention to my (Littlefinger) involvement. I am going to have to re-watch this episode on my next day off.

And yeah Lance I thought I was going to get my Sansa perv on last ep.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
At the end of the series, everyone of consequence is dead.

No one gets a happy ending.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I'm half way through the 5th book and there are plenty of main characters still alive. Not to mention there are lots of "forgotten" characters that have yet to play a role.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bruhs, what we have chatzy for if no one gets on

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know, most people can't get on during the day and by the time I get off work I have been staring at a monitor for 10 hours. I don't feel like getting on chatzy at night when I get home.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know, most people can't get on during the day and by the time I get off work I have been staring at a monitor for 10 hours. I don't feel like getting on chatzy at night when I get home.

Get on for da Hawks game tonight

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure, I should be able to get on chat on my phone for the game. Although I will fade in and out of chat as I am watching.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sure, I should be able to get on chat on my phone for the game. Although I will fade in and out of chat as I am watching.

Nice.... btw nice work on w/e hypothetical part you played in killing Joffrey and rescuing Sansa....