Toast88

Liked Posts:
Bears center Roberto Garza moves closer to return
October, 8, 2014
Oct 8
4:28
PM ET
By Jeff Dickerson | ESPNChicago.com

LAKE FOREST, Ill. – The Chicago Bears listed center Roberto Garza as participating fully in practice for the first time since the 14-year veteran suffered a high ankle sprain in Week 1, increasing the likelihood that Garza will return to the starting lineup Sunday in Atlanta.

Get the latest NFL injury news

NFLWho's out? Who's good to go? Who's questionable? We've got all the latest injury news from around the NFL. Injury Wire
“We’re keeping our fingers crossed. Garza practiced today, and we’ll see what kind of aftereffects he’ll have after a full day of work,” Bears coach Marc Trestman said.

Last week, Trestman announced that Garza will return to the starting lineup upon receiving the proper medical clearance, but added the club is pleased with veteran Brian de la Puente, who has replaced Garza at center for four straight games.

Seven players missed practice on Wednesday: running back Matt Forte (coaches' decision), left tackle Jermon Bushrod (knee/ankle), linebackers Shea McClellin (hand), D.J. Williams (neck), Jon Bostic (back), Lance Briggs (ribs) and safety Ahmad Dixon (hamstring).

With the top four linebackers out, the Bears took a look at the trio of Khaseem Greene, Christian Jones and Darryl Sharpton.

In other injury news, safety Chris Conte and defensive tackle Jeremiah Ratliff were limited because of concussions, and cornerback Sherrick McManis had limited participation because of a quadriceps injury. McManis is a candidate to be used at cornerback in the nickel subpackage Sunday given the release of Isaiah Frey on Tuesday.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
if ratliff and Conte are back practicing then they don't have concussions anymore amirite?

BTW, Conte is one tough sob. I'd wish for more awesome impact plays but I want him to make it through the season...

malcore

If Garza returns, I hope this means we can go back to a bit of a higher tempo on offense. Not comfortable with Jay doing a Peyton Manning impersonation at the line.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Never heard of someone practicing this soon after a concussion. Of course if your brainless.....
I'm not a hater because I've always said that he's our best safety but he could be smarter and makes a great straight man.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
If Garza returns, I hope this means we can go back to a bit of a higher tempo on offense. Not comfortable with Jay doing a Peyton Manning impersonation at the line.

The tempo or lack thereof as nothing to do with Garza. DLP > Garza.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
If conte is back practicing already my guess is that he didn't have a concussion.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never heard of someone practicing this soon after a concussion. Of course if your brainless.....
I'm not a hater because I've always said that he's our best safety but he could be smarter and makes a great straight man.

classic

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If Bushrod is out again i'd love to see DLP stay at center, Garza at guard, and try Long out at LT. I know it wont happen but i don't want to see Ola at LT anymore. It makes me cringe.