<div>
<div>

Brandon Saad to miss Flyers game
</div>
<div>
<div><span>Updated:</span> March 18, 2014, 12:12 AM ET</div>
</div>
</div>

Chicago Blackhawks forward Brandon Saad did not travel with the team Monday for its game against the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday, according to a team spokesperson.</p>

Saad suffered an upper-body injury against the Detroit Red Wings in the second period on Sunday and missed the remainder of the game. Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said Sunday he did not believe Saad's injury was serious. Saad was expected to be re-evaluated on Monday.</p>

Saad has not missed a game this season. He is tied for first on the Blackhawks with a plus-29 rating and is sixth on the team with 44 points. He has 19 goals and 25 assists in 68 games this season.</p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Blackhawks are worried about a concussion with Saad.</p>

</p>

I'm looking for the Hawks to win the next four in a row.</p>

</p>

Very doable against shitty Eastern Conference teams like Philly.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Philly and St Louis back to back? Think I'll be holding my breath throughout the next two games.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Get to see how old Steve Mason is holding up. Even though I have seen him about 45 times on NBCSports this year, is there anything that network enjoys more than playing Philly, Rangers, Buffalo, Caps or Pens games?</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="223686" data-time="1395175164">

Get to see how old Steve Mason is holding up. Even though I have seen him about 45 times on NBCSports this year, is there anything that network enjoys more than playing Philly, Rangers, Buffalo, Caps or Pens games?</p></blockquote>
East coast bias.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="223687" data-time="1395175347">
<div>

East coast bias.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

They clearly have some stipulation that they cannot have games going past 10 o'clock or something of that sort. There are always a slew of very good matchups every week, but the furthest their coverage goes in Chicago. </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="223688" data-time="1395175506">
<div>

They clearly have some stipulation that they cannot have games going past 10 o'clock or something of that sort. There are always a slew of very good matchups every week, but the furthest their coverage goes in Chicago. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

More than likely it just has to do with what tier their station is on by which providers and which of those providers has the most subscribers so that they can maximize the commercial revenue to try to make the games as profitable as possible. It's pretty simple, it's still not a base tier channel so they have to accommodate as much as possible especially while they are still making huge deals to get other sports contracts that will drive people to subscribe. So essentially yeah it's an east coast bias because the major providers there cover a boat load of people that they want to make sure they get eyeballs on.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="223694" data-time="1395178050">
<div>

More than likely it just has to do with what tier their station is on by which providers and which of those providers has the most subscribers so that they can maximize the commercial revenue to try to make the games as profitable as possible. It's pretty simple, it's still not a base tier channel so they have to accommodate as much as possible especially while they are still making huge deals to get other sports contracts that will drive people to subscribe. So essentially yeah it's an east coast bias because the major providers there cover a boat load of people that they want to make sure they get eyeballs on.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I am out of breath reading that post... :icon-lol:  :icon-lol:  :icon-lol:  :icon-lol:</p>

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="223681" data-time="1395173952">
<div>

The Blackhawks are worried about a concussion with Saad.</p>

</p>

I'm looking for the Hawks to win the next four in a row.</p>

</p>

Very doable against shitty Eastern Conference teams like Philly.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I wouldn't write off the Flyers. They are not too shabby. They ain't great, mind you, but they are a dangerous team.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="223694" data-time="1395178050">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

And yes I understand everything you are saying, but it is all relative in regards to the markets. As in if they ever did choose to start doing West Coast games, their coverage would still be perfect for the appropriate market. So the West coast game coverage wouldn't start until 8 our time, 9 Eastern Time, and all of the eyes on the West Coast would happily view the game at 7 p.m.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jakobeast" data-cid="223697" data-time="1395179392">
<div>

I wouldn't write off the Flyers. They are not too shabby. They ain't great, mind you, but they are a dangerous team.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

There team this year is currently sitting a in a much better place than their 2010 team was. They still need that shutdown D-pair, as much as I couldn't stand the guy throughout his years...Pronger was one of the greatest.</p>

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
I have the sound off, why the fuck did Brookbank drop the gloves with Rinaldo there?</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Raanta aint good yet kids. Perhaps he needs more ice time than sitting on the bench for 17 + games before getting starts. Im starting to feel like he should have been on the Hogs this entire season. Boy has his glove side gone to shit since not seeing any ice and just sitting on the bench. He is also back to slow vertical movement like he has in the pre-season. Q really fucked this guys development by never starting him since he covered for Craws injury.</p>

</p>

Keep in mind i say this after the 1st period. Maybe he shakes that rust off but boy that was a bad period for him (no blame on that first goal against though). </p>

</p>

4 posts has saved him so far tonight. Now only if the team in front of him could score maybe his posts will get game mvp. Has made one really nice save though tonight. Cant deny that he is flexible.</p>

</p>

hes having a good late 3rd period though while the Hawks decide to stop playing defense. Nice.</p>

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
remember the last time we won in OT? Wasn't 2013 amazing?</p>

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Philly carried the pace that entire game.  If not for the posts, it was a blowout of epic proportions.  Sure would be nice for the Hawks to play better than .500 hockey sometime before the end of the season.</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JOVE23" data-cid="223710" data-time="1395194506">
<div>

Bickell just fucking DOMINATED Simmonds</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

That was beautiful. Here's the video for those who didn't see this one-sided affair.</p>

</p>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ejFmkGo5c&feature=youtu.be</p>